Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   A Sweet Little Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Keurig K cups (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84333)

Sasha 04-09-2016 11:38 AM

Keurig K cups

So I finally bought a coffee machine for kcups..its not the keurig 2.0 I wanted since im on a budget but I did find a Hamilton beach for half the price at target...and it makes regular coffee and uses the kcups..
I am going nuts :confused: trying to figure out which kcups to buy since there is soooo many choices...so please ladies help me out...

which ones are your favorites??
( I can do flavored, regular, iced, teas) :thumbup:

luckyme 04-09-2016 06:43 PM

After trying a bunch, I like the Kirkland breakfast blend from Costco the best.

I also bought a cafe cup insert so that I can put teabags in it and make tea. (Or use ground coffee.) The k-cups get pricey (and are absolutely stupidly priced for tea) and are awful for the environment. I like being able to make single cups in the Keurig though and just empty and reuse the cafe cup.

SeattleSheri 04-09-2016 06:57 PM

I like Starbucks Breakfast Blend and Peet's Cafe Domingo. I'm a medium roast gal. My kids like Swiss Miss hot cocoa. There is definitely a lot of difference in k cups. I've noticed some of the less expensive brands are much weaker.

MamaBee 04-09-2016 07:06 PM

We use our machine all the time... lipton ice tea... kiddo loves hot cocoa (I always forget to turn down the amount of water to like 6oz). My hubby likes a more robust roast so we usually get starbuck's breakfast blend at costco (when on rebate, like it is now - we aim for 50 cent a pod, as to when to buy), Caribou coffee, donut shop... he doesn't like kirkland breakfast, folgers, or the store brand from Aldi.

kristalund 04-09-2016 07:18 PM

I like the Donut Shop and Green Mountain brands.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

hollyxann 04-10-2016 08:48 AM

We have a keurig 2.0 and I use it for everything!
We have the little cup that you can put your own coffee in but we also have k-cups (because I like the convenience of them). We buy the McCafe premium roast from Sam's Club most of the time. I will buy the seasonal blends from Green Mountain when they are on sale. I love their fall blends and of course the pumpkin spice.

I use it for tea, oatmeal, and even the cup of soups all the time.

kendallt 04-10-2016 10:17 AM

Believe it or not, both the Wal-Mart and Aldi brand Breakfast Blends are good and cheap! Win-win! :p

Sasha 04-11-2016 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeattleSheri (Post 1062816021)
I like Starbucks Breakfast Blend and Peet's Cafe Domingo. I'm a medium roast gal. My kids like Swiss Miss hot cocoa. There is definitely a lot of difference in k cups. I've noticed some of the less expensive brands are much weaker.

I heard the peets cafe is delicious!

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk

Sasha 04-11-2016 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kristalund (Post 1062816028)
I like the Donut Shop and Green Mountain brands.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We bought the donut shop and my husband loved it!

Sasha 04-11-2016 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hollyxann (Post 1062816087)
We have a keurig 2.0 and I use it for everything!
We have the little cup that you can put your own coffee in but we also have k-cups (because I like the convenience of them). We buy the McCafe premium roast from Sam's Club most of the time. I will buy the seasonal blends from Green Mountain when they are on sale. I love their fall blends and of course the pumpkin spice.

I use it for tea, oatmeal, and even the cup of soups all the time.

Cup of soup??

Sasha 04-11-2016 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kendallt (Post 1062816092)
Believe it or not, both the Wal-Mart and Aldi brand Breakfast Blends are good and cheap! Win-win! :p

Oh nice I'll look for those at Walmart

DawnMarch 04-11-2016 12:19 PM

We use the Paul Newman and Pacfic Bold which both come in bulk at Costco and so are much cheaper.

But, I recently started using the refillable cup that you use your own coffee in. I hated throwing away all the little plastic cups. In the refillable one, most of the time I use the Dunkin Donuts Dark. Yum. And MUCH less expensive that way.

hollyxann 04-11-2016 12:35 PM

Lipton makes these packets that are called cup-a-soup
http://www.liptonkitchens.com/produc...en-noodle-soup
http://www.liptonkitchens.com/Images...79x396.png.png

Quick and easy especially when I'm feeling under the weather. You just had hot water, that's what makes them convenient, especially with the keurig.

julifish 04-11-2016 12:48 PM

We also like the Costco Kirkland Pacific Rim - it's a darker roast, more robust flavor. I'm a big fan of Donut Shoppe. We just tried the Gevalia brand Columbian and it's pretty good too. I'm like Rebecca, I shoot for $.50 or less per k-cup when I'm buying. You can buy in bulk at Costco, on Amazon, from Coffeeforless.com. The Gevalia was on sale bogo free at our supermarket so I tried those since we were out. My husband doesn't like flavored coffee so I just have a few bottles of sugar free syrup so I can add my own flavors and that way we only have to buy one kind at a time. :)

catgoddess 04-11-2016 01:58 PM

Matt likes most of the mocha and hazelnut flavored brands, but we've also found the very cheap ones to be less tasty.

I mostly make tea and just run hot water through the Keurig without any k-cup/insert in the machine. I put the tea bags in my cup below so they can steep in the hot water longer than they would in a k-cup type insert. I was always a teapot on the stovetop kinda girl, but I like the ease of making one hot cup at a time with the Keurig.

clucaswvu04 04-11-2016 02:05 PM

My husband loves his coffee - and we had a cup insert for the keurig that he would put in his own coffee (because it was less expensive, he likes to grind it every couple of days for fresher coffee, and it is better for the environment). Then someone introduced him to an aeropress and the man loves that thing - he still uses the keurig for heating up the water, but uses the aeropress for making his coffee. He says it is a lot smoother and not quite as bitter. His favorite coffees are medium roasts (he likes Starbucks okay, and then there are a couple of local type beans we grab when we can buy them, nothing super expensive but he usually doesn't like the really cheap stuff either). The aeropress I ordered for him for Christmas and it wasn't too expensive.

I like the keurig for hot chocolate - but just use it to heat the water and add in the hot chocolate to my mug for a big canister

bcgal00 04-11-2016 07:06 PM

I love the McDonald dark roast, Tim Hortons, any of the starbucks and find the best prices at costco and always check target for sales. I have peppermint extract that I put in with a few squirts of starbucks mocha flavoring syrup for my own blend of peppermint mocha, using any of the above mentioned coffees. For flavors, I like anything with pumpkin, caramel or vanilla. Mostly though I just make regular coffee and add in some sugar free davinci or starbuck flavors.

crystalbella77 04-11-2016 09:34 PM

I like the gevalia lattes really relaly well! the caramel macchiatto and the vanilla latte are my fave!

scrap2day 04-12-2016 12:04 AM

Right now Green Mountain is giving away KCup samples on their website. If it is still available, there is a green Try A Sample button at the top of the webpage.

kendallt 04-12-2016 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrap2day (Post 1062816483)
Right now Green Mountain is giving away KCup samples on their website. If it is still available, there is a green Try A Sample button at the top of the webpage.

Awesome! Just requested my free sample. Thanks for the heads up!

scrap2day 04-12-2016 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kendallt (Post 1062816529)
Awesome! Just requested my free sample. Thanks for the heads up!

Oh good. Glad you were able to request a sample. :)

Sasha 04-13-2016 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrap2day (Post 1062816483)

Awesome! Just ordered my sample, thank you!

Neverland Scraps 04-15-2016 10:36 AM

We always order from the website and buy the different flavor sample packs, just for variety. I love that they come directly to my door and I get free shipping over a certain amount as well as points to apply towards a future purchase--it's how I was able to buy my Keurig 2.0 at half-off when we moved earlier this year!