Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   A Sweet Little Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   I have pink eye. (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51217)

g8rbeckie 02-12-2011 10:13 PM

I have pink eye.

it sucks.

No one else in my family has it - I didn't get it from my kids.

I guess I got it because I've had a bad head cold and chest congestion for almost three weeks now, and it finally made it to my eyeballs :thumbdown:.

Anyway, I was lucky to get an appointment tomorrow (Sunday!!), so hopefully it will clear up soon.

I mean really - do grown ups usually get pink eye??? what gives??

jessica31876 02-12-2011 10:20 PM

pink eye is not always caused by an infection and your sinuses can cause it if they become conjested enough. I had it when I was pregnant and it went away on its own. Hope yours gets better fast. In the meantime they do have a homeopathic eye drop at most drugstores and walmart. I used it and it works really well. Relieves the itching and burning. If you cant get it use a washcloth soaked in warm water to put on the eye to relieve some of the itching/burning.

lovely1m 02-12-2011 10:29 PM

Oh, man, pink eye is horrible. When I was 18, I supposedly got pink eye. They gave me some drops, it cleared up, then 2 months later it was back and worse than ever. This time nothng they gave me would clear it up. Finally after a month of horrible pain and terrible light senstivity, I went to an eye doctor. He said it was actually an infection in my eyelid, gave me drops and it was gone in a few days. That being said, if you have issues, go to an eye doctor. Hope it clears fast!

rochelle789 02-12-2011 10:33 PM

I have pink eye right now too, and I'm just generally unwell and run down right now, which is typically when I get it. I had it last month too, and it sucks. I hope yours clears up quickly. :)

sprauncey1 02-12-2011 10:40 PM

I've had it last fall after a nasty head/chest cold. No one else had one and it cleared up right away with antibiotic drops. So yes adults do get pink eye, typically run-down sick adults!

nun69 02-12-2011 10:50 PM

I have had it...but it usually takes an antibiotic drop/ointment to clear up...it sucks...

adrianka 02-13-2011 01:37 PM

I can't remember having it as a kid, but in my adulthood I've had it quite often. Right now I have it, too, but right now I have a cold, and in recent years a cold and pink eye would come to me as a couple. :-) Antibiotic drops are what helps me. However, sometimes it stops on its own.

g8rbeckie 02-13-2011 05:51 PM

Thanks girls. I woke up this morning and both eyelids were stuck shut. GROSS!

I got antibiotic eye drops and antibiotic pills to take for my sinus infection. So hopefully things clear up in a few days!!

AmyM 02-14-2011 12:37 AM

Oh man that stinks. It's a lot of nasty colds/viruses going around here too. Hope you're better soon!