Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   A Sweet Little Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   What's Going On This Week? (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=86655)

LeeAndra 03-20-2017 10:30 AM

What's Going On This Week?

Anything fun going on this week for y'all?!

biancka 03-20-2017 11:11 AM

We are getting our new couch !! Soooooooo excited about that :) I am freaking out a bit. We bought it on Jan 4th and to be honoust....I can't remember the fabric I chose from a teeny tiny bit so.....I am keeping my fingers crossed that I am going to love the fabric. haha Other than that.....nothing exciting really :)

britaneejean 03-20-2017 01:37 PM

Soccer games begin for both of my girls! We'll be at their games Tues-Friday every week until the end of April. It's my favorite time of the year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danagirl82 03-20-2017 01:51 PM

I am filming some youtube makeup tutorials, and shooting a styled shoot in Kansas City (praying for good weather!) Other than that is is business as usual.

YepBrook 03-20-2017 02:05 PM

Kids are off for spring break here so we are doing lots of fun non-school things!!! :D

jacinda 03-20-2017 02:07 PM

Nothing special going on this week. I'm still getting my head around my new job (and loving it). I have the day off today though, with no real plan. Feels weird to not 'have' to do things.

carrie1977 03-20-2017 02:26 PM

Same ole, same ole here. Nothing too exciting!!

Saar 03-20-2017 02:43 PM

Just a typical week for me. No special activities or things like that.

Sweeet 03-20-2017 02:59 PM

Nothing too too exciting...tomorrow is my 3 year old's follow-up
appointment at UNM Neuroscience center regarding his seizures (epilepsy). He was doing well up until morning before last...had a seizure. :crying:

We'll see what his doc says.

scrap2day 03-20-2017 03:33 PM

Nothing really exciting planned but I did sent off the 1st half of my p365 from long ago to Shutterfly yesterday with the free book code (which is still available today on their Facebook page). I think it is just the incentive I need to finish up the end of that year so I am ready to print the rest of it. Making that a project for this week.

rach3975 03-20-2017 04:29 PM

First half of the week is just routine. But the kids and I have Friday off for a teacher work day, so we're going to New York for the weekend. It's my niece's 1st birthday. We usually miss out on these kinds of family things because we're too far, but because of the extra day off we can be there for the party. (I'm glad we're going, but I've got to admit that I'm jealous of DH getting to stay home alone for 48 hours. Having the house to myself for a whole weekend...I can't even imagine how nice that would be!)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

rdjrneace 03-20-2017 04:56 PM

Back to work today after being off Thursday & Friday. Nothing much planned for the week.

joelsgirl 03-20-2017 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danagirl82 (Post 1062868534)
I am filming some youtube makeup tutorials, and shooting a styled shoot in Kansas City (praying for good weather!) Other than that is is business as usual.

I think you win. :D

My husband is out of town this week, so I was planning on painting the kitchen while he's gone, but I can't decide on a color!

We're going to be teaching Ultimate Frisbee to 17 middle school boys, and I start today while Joel is gone. I'm super nervous since I haven't played Ultimate since college...and that was a loooong time ago! But I can just give them frisbees and turn them loose on the field and it will be fine, right?

jacinda 03-20-2017 07:14 PM

Of course Kellie! In fact, they'll probably tell YOU how to play it. Because teenagers know everything already. Or is that just MY teenager? ;)

haydensmommy217 03-20-2017 07:56 PM

same as usual :) suppose to have some okay weather this week and my 11 year old is thrilled he can finally ride his bike and not worried about getting soaked.

I am waiting to hear back on two designers i applied should know by the end of this week or beginning of next. I am really excited about it *crossing fingers*

danagirl82 03-20-2017 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joelsgirl (Post 1062868561)
I think you win. :D

My husband is out of town this week, so I was planning on painting the kitchen while he's gone, but I can't decide on a color!

We're going to be teaching Ultimate Frisbee to 17 middle school boys, and I start today while Joel is gone. I'm super nervous since I haven't played Ultimate since college...and that was a loooong time ago! But I can just give them frisbees and turn them loose on the field and it will be fine, right?

Was there a contest:hugs:? :p Painting the kitchen sounds like work, but the end result will be fabulous I am sure.

mariewilcox 03-20-2017 09:41 PM

Today we had a college tour for Cheyanne at a college a couple hours from where we live. Then we got home last this afternoon and picked up her prom dress at the shop and then went shopping for shoes and accessories. That was our fun for the week. Tomorrow it's back to school for her and back to work for both of us.

littlekiwi 03-21-2017 03:08 AM

Just a board meeting today then not sure what the rest of the week brings. Might pop out tomorrow to the second hand shops that I was going to do today, Thursday I'll probably stay home as Adele is in town and there is no way I want to be caught up in the traffic on the train during peak hour. Over the weekend I want to see Sing at the movies (was last weekends plan til I slept in!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rdjrneace 03-21-2017 06:13 PM

I agree that you have the best week with makeup tutorials -- can you post a link when you are done?

Quote:

Originally Posted by danagirl82 (Post 1062868534)

rdjrneace 03-21-2017 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by haydensmommy217 (Post 1062868565)
same as usual :) suppose to have some okay weather this week and my 11 year old is thrilled he can finally ride his bike and not worried about getting soaked.

I am waiting to hear back on two designers i applied should know by the end of this week or beginning of next. I am really excited about it *crossing fingers*

Good Luck on your applications -- I would love to CT for some designers but afraid my layouts are not "good" enough.

kristalund 03-21-2017 07:11 PM

End of the week has some excitement!!
Fundraiser for pediatric cancer on FRI night and then SNOW TRIP Sat-Mon!!

clearskies 03-21-2017 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biancka (Post 1062868528)
We are getting our new couch !! Soooooooo excited about that :)

Yay for new couches! We just got ours two weeks ago (after 8 months without one...).

This week...let's see, starting my new chemo drug, going on a field trip with DS1, and planning to drive out to the valley and see the daffodil fields which are apparently starting to bloom. Oh, and DH's last week working nights! :w00t:

A-M 03-21-2017 08:11 PM

A fairly normal week.... but.. my husband has started to paint the outside of our house and it is looking good !

mrsashbaugh 03-21-2017 11:15 PM

My daughter started back to preschool today while my son still has another week off for Spring Break. Not doing much, just baseball practices for my son and trying to stay cool...already up in the 90's! Blah!

KristinCB 03-21-2017 11:35 PM

kids are on their first week of spring break (there are two weeks here....) I'm busy reinstalling and downloading and organizing and trying to design.. I had my hard drive fail last week :(

cherrygutz 03-22-2017 12:37 AM

Girl scout tomorrow and then after that visit at the library for the family night. We're thinking of visiting the zoo this weekend as well.

oscaralley 03-22-2017 01:07 PM

Omg....We have been in the middle of remodel while still living in the house (that is very small by the way). I was on vacation last week while doing that and having the flu!! I'm ready for good weather and some planting flowers.

lovely1m 03-24-2017 10:14 AM

My 10 year old is performing in the school play today. They perform in front of the whole school this afternoon and for families tonight. My mom, dad and brother are all driving from the other side of the state to watch him and he is so very excited.

Yesterday, I finished purging, organizing and cleaning the entire basement full of outgrow kids toys. Now I just need to take pictures and post the toys for sale that will make him some money and drop off the donations. As reward, I am getting a 90 minute massage and get to stop and see my boyfriend at work today.

NeverendingJen 03-24-2017 12:56 PM

Working on frantically cleaning, purging, and packing what we are taking with us on our cross country move! Jeremy got a new job and starts very soon!