Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   A Sweet Little Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Let's Talk About the Newest Love of My Life: LuLaRoe (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84858)

LeeAndra 06-15-2016 01:27 AM

Let's Talk About the Newest Love of My Life: LuLaRoe

Disclaimer: I am not a consultant so I promise that I am not trying to sell you anything. :)

Sooo... I had gotten a few invites to Facebook parties for LuLaRoe and finally attended Amanda Yi's a couple of weeks ago. During a LLR party, you have to 'bid' on what's for sale when the albums get posted, and if you're the first one, you 'win' it. It's all very fast, actually, as most consultants only give you 24 hours to pay or it goes back into inventory.

I ordered a pair of leggings.

I received a pair of leggings.

I tried on a pair of leggings.

:wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

I hosted a party last week and earned 4 free things so I have another pair of leggings, two skirts, and a dress coming my way... in addition to a kimono I won as part of a giveaway over the weekend.

You might kinda-sorta say I am totally OBSESSED with all things LLR. :p

Anyone else out there a total LLR fanatic, too?! Well, I know some of y'all are... :D

Share a picture of you wearing your favorite piece(s). Word on the street is that some designers might be doing an LLR-inspired collab soon so basically you HAVE to try out some LuLaRoe so that you can use the kit, right?! :D

KingsQueen82 06-15-2016 03:07 AM

This my first, and only purchase so far. I just got them this week. I figured I had to see what all the hype was about! They really are as soft as they say and I thought this pattern was so cute. :)

I'm not sure yet if I love them, but I think that has more to do with I don't love my body right now and I'm used to leggings with long sweaters. I'm pretty sure I'll love them more in the fall when I can hide my extra pounds a little better! Lol...

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f1...pshmsirjte.jpg

kendallt 06-15-2016 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingsQueen82 (Post 1062826129)
think that has more to do with I don't love my body right now and I'm used to leggings with long sweaters. I'm pretty sure I'll love them more in the fall when I can hide my extra pounds a little better! Lol...

That's my concern too, Cassie, and pretty much the only reason I haven't hopped aboard the LLR train. :p My bottom half is not legging friendly, and the only way I feel comfortable wearing them is having a longer top to cover up my extra floof.

LeeAndra 06-15-2016 01:24 PM

Lord knows I'm not leaving my house in leggings withOUT a long shirt. :p

I haven't tried any of LLR's shirts yet but they are all longer/tunic-length for just this reason.

I think you would really like the dresses they have, Kendall. You are always out on the town looking fabulous in the dresses you already own; LLR has lots of skirts & dresses, too. :wub:

Nettio 06-15-2016 02:03 PM

I feel like the only person not into leggings. But then I'm not into yoga pants either. :D

flergs 06-15-2016 05:16 PM

I need to try them. I have avoided as usually postage to OZ is redonkulous. But I live in leggings, summer & winter. Long top is a must! Only dark colours that I can find here but I'd love some pretty patterned ones.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

DreamBig 06-15-2016 05:17 PM

Oh my word! My name is Cheri Robinson, and I am a Lularoe addict. I love the leggings, I love the long soft tops, and I have an Ana dress coming this week.

HA! I love it so much I signed up to be a consultant. (and yes, this is totally a shameless blip in hopes you will follow me.)

I am hoping to onboard this next month! You can already follow me in my FB Group (Shop Lularoe Cheri Robinson: https://www.facebook.com/groups/lularoecherirobinson/).

Becca is also a consultant and should be posting her new stuff this week! Her page is: https://www.facebook.com/groups/shop...ville/?fref=nf

lovely1m 06-15-2016 06:20 PM

So I hate my legs, I can't see myself wearing leggings. Also patterns are not my thing. I look at them and see all the hype and I want to hop on board, but I just cannot picture it. I do really want a maxi skirt, but again, patterns are a no, so they seem really expensive for a plain black skirt.

DreamBig 06-15-2016 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingsQueen82 (Post 1062826129)
This my first, and only purchase so far. I just got them this week. I figured I had to see what all the hype was about! They really are as soft as they say and I thought this pattern was so cute. :)

I'm not sure yet if I love them, but I think that has more to do with I don't love my body right now and I'm used to leggings with long sweaters. I'm pretty sure I'll love them more in the fall when I can hide my extra pounds a little better! Lol...

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f1...pshmsirjte.jpg

Cassie, those are adorable! I love them on you. :wub:

KingsQueen82 06-16-2016 12:54 AM

Thank you Cheri! :wub: I'm on a mission now to find a long enough shirt that doesn't fit like a bag. Hahahaha! If I can make this outfit work I think I will get a bunch more b/c I keep seeing so many cute and crazy fun patterns that I really want! I really wish I knew someone in the area where I could try before I buy type thing. I really hate clothes shopping in general!

Btw, do you know off hand how much wiggle room there is between the T&C and the OS leggings? I'm right on the line between the two sizes but I sized up for length since I have very long legs. But there seems to be so many more options for the OS size!

jumbbumble 06-16-2016 02:54 AM

i love them i want some i even not mind paying the posted to the netherlands i wish whe had consultance here

OrianaVianey 06-16-2016 09:19 AM

Ohhh... most of them are in the US, none in Latin america... boomer... they do look comfortable and I love leggings

marlathrall 06-16-2016 01:08 PM

I think I have like ten different leggings! I need to take a picture of my collection. It's a little silly. I just wish I would have found them when I was pregnant!

Libby Pritchett 06-16-2016 02:44 PM

Oh, I definitely have a problem. LOL And I don't want to get better.

I was always one who said I wasn't a leggings person, they wouldn't look good on me, I didn't get the hype, etc. Then I ordered a pair. It was downhill from there.

Here are just a few of the ones I've worn in the last week or so...

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e2...psc5zyzarx.jpg

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e2...pslymwtegi.jpg

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e2...psztp5h4zg.jpg

rach3975 06-16-2016 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nettio (Post 1062826191)
I feel like the only person not into leggings. But then I'm not into yoga pants either. :D

It's not just you! I wear jeans all the time. Skirts once in a long while, but never leggings or yoga pants.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

lovely1m 06-16-2016 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rach3975 (Post 1062826338)
It's not just you! I wear jeans all the time. Skirts once in a long while, but never leggings or yoga pants.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I wear yoga pants, but only to work out. :p

eranslow 06-16-2016 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marlathrall (Post 1062826323)
I think I have like ten different leggings! I need to take a picture of my collection. It's a little silly. I just wish I would have found them when I was pregnant!

I lived in my black leggings (I have a couple) the last 1/2 of my pregnancy. And they were perfect for those first couple of weeks at home too :) I'm not entirely in love with the patterns I have - but I must agree that they are buttery soft!

BrattyMeg 06-16-2016 10:12 PM

For those that don't like leggings try the skirts. The Azure is my favorite. I love the Perfect T as well :) Love love love LLR

Valgal 06-19-2016 08:55 AM

OMG I have to try those. I'm not currently a 'leggings person', but I also never thought I was a skinny jeans person till a few years ago and now I can't stand regular cut jeans.

Would they be too warm to workout in? Like, basic treadmill stuff?

LeeAndra 06-19-2016 07:57 PM

I work out in mine and don't find it to be an issue, Val. I'm not running for long periods of time, though. It's more like fast walking for 20 minutes. :p

Valgal 06-20-2016 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeeAndra (Post 1062826628)
I work out in mine and don't find it to be an issue, Val. I'm not running for long periods of time, though. It's more like fast walking for 20 minutes. :p

That's my workout too, lol!

Neverland Scraps 06-20-2016 01:35 PM

I don't feel comfortable wearing leggings and tried to "sell" my girls on them--it didn't work.

They look nice, but they aren't for me. I'll live vicariously through you all though!

JMC1988 06-20-2016 05:08 PM

I also joined the LuLaRoe addicts club as well. I bought my first pair of leggings and the rest is history. I just bought my 1st Azure skirt for LeeAndras party and I'm in love with that skirt!

Becca Bonneville 06-20-2016 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DreamBig (Post 1062826216)
Becca is also a consultant and should be posting her new stuff this week! Her page is: https://www.facebook.com/groups/shop...ville/?fref=nf

Thanks Cheri! :wub:

Yes, I am an addict! Love it so much I had to sell it! And while I love love the leggings I have fallen in love with the skirts, tops and dresses too. I was NOT, repeat NOT a dress/skirt person before LuLaRoe but now I wear one just because. It is great to look put together but feel so comfortable.

I love how they have everything from crazy prints to simple solids and everything in between.

And yes, the LuLaRoe tops are made to work with leggings and cover the bum. :)

Traci Reed 06-20-2016 06:02 PM

I guess I have to join more groups, because I only ever see ugly patterns

AmieN1 06-22-2016 12:30 AM

I'm a total addict too!

While I LOVE the leggings- their shirts rock my socks off!

My favorites are the Randy (baseball like shirt) and the Classic T. I also have a couple Irma shirts- but they are LARGE- great for lounging at home, but feel a little too pj'ish for going out beyond the grocery store! ;)

catgoddess 06-22-2016 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Traci Reed (Post 1062826692)
I guess I have to join more groups, because I only ever see ugly patterns

Word. And...
http://www.quickmeme.com/img/83/838e...d80af3866b.jpg

However, I did recently find out they carry skirts and dresses, but I've never seen photos of them in the wild on real people. I do love comfy skirts and dresses. I think I joined something Becca is hosting next week just to see if I like those.

Traci Reed 06-22-2016 11:14 AM

Leggings are pants as long as they're not see-through or you've got something covering your ass. I found some patterns I like :p

Sherri Tierney 06-22-2016 12:20 PM

I have yet to see what the fuss is. Then again, nobody wants to see my fat self in leggings. I'd consider them to sleep in during the winter, maybe. They are a big no-no for work and I pretty much wear my work clothes all day...

The patterns I've saw are all way, way too busy for me. I did see some knock-offs at the grocery store (of all places!) that were super cute, but still... the whole fat butt thing. ;)

Happy Now 12-03-2016 09:26 PM

I am LATE to the LuLaRoe party, but finally on board! Bought two pairs at an in-home pop-up and then there was Black Friday... Yikes! :)

mariewilcox 12-04-2016 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nettio (Post 1062826191)

Same! Not into them at all or yoga pants either. Give me sweat pants for around the house or flannel pants and I'm good :D

joelsgirl 12-04-2016 07:16 PM

Since we're reviving this thread, I ordered my first pair of leggings & a skirt and had them sent to my neighbor who was in the States to bring back to the PI for me...and I shipped them to an old address on accident and they are LOST! I am so, so sad. Especially since I had planned to wear the leggings on my way back to the States next week; they seem like they would be perfect for a 40 hour trip home. {cry cry cry}

GraceLee 12-04-2016 08:33 PM

I like the leggings, but I LOVE the skirt (an Azure) I got from Cheri. So soft and flows so nicely and I want to live in it. I need to get more because I've been wearing the same thing to church for weeks now lol.

I'm sorry your leggings are lost Kellie! Because they would have been super nice on the long flight home. I hope you find something else that's comfortable!

kendallt 12-05-2016 09:49 AM

It's cracking me up to go back and read all the people in this thread (myself included) who were hesitant to jump on the LLR train, and now so many of us are total addicts! :p

Happy Now 12-05-2016 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kendallt (Post 1062851795)
It's cracking me up to go back and read all the people in this thread (myself included) who were hesitant to jump on the LLR train, and now so many of us are total addicts! :p

Me too! I remember seeing this thread before I was "exposed"... And I searched for it after buying my first (ahem, few) pairs of leggings to see what else I may have missed... ;) I have just joined Becca's and Cheri's groups!

DreamBig 12-06-2016 01:08 AM

I cannot believe this was 6 months ago! Time goes too fast.

Sasha 12-06-2016 12:35 PM

I just seen the other day a big building in California on the 15fwy with a light up sign that said..Lularoe...and I thought of you all =)

nesser1981 12-07-2016 09:58 AM

I have a love/hate relationship with LLR. LOL!

I love the leggings, most I just wear around the house, I have a few pairs that I feel comfortable wearing outside of the house, with shirts that are long enough to cover my butt. I also LOVE the 2 Azure skirts I have.

I have one classic t I adore, but I ordered second one and I hate the material. This is what I hate about LLR, I feel like I never know what material it's going to be in, unless it's the leggings. Both of my skirts are different too.

I also don't get the Carly dresses, I think it's the lack of shape to them that makes me think they'd just look like a muu muu on me. I'd love to get an Amelia or Nicole dress, but I think I'll be waiting until the spring again.

My daughter has some leggings, they're great for her and she has a dress, can't remember which one, but I love it on her.

Oh, i have a randy I love, but I'm afraid to get another one, because the fabric may not be the same.

kendallt 12-07-2016 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nesser1981 (Post 1062852171)
I have a love/hate relationship with LLR. LOL!

I love the leggings, most I just wear around the house, I have a few pairs that I feel comfortable wearing outside of the house, with shirts that are long enough to cover my butt. I also LOVE the 2 Azure skirts I have.

I have one classic t I adore, but I ordered second one and I hate the material. This is what I hate about LLR, I feel like I never know what material it's going to be in, unless it's the leggings. Both of my skirts are different too.

I also don't get the Carly dresses, I think it's the lack of shape to them that makes me think they'd just look like a muu muu on me. I'd love to get an Amelia or Nicole dress, but I think I'll be waiting until the spring again.

My daughter has some leggings, they're great for her and she has a dress, can't remember which one, but I love it on her.

Oh, i have a randy I love, but I'm afraid to get another one, because the fabric may not be the same.

Totally with you on the Carly. I tried one on and felt like I was wearing a giant pillow case; however, I LOVE Nicole! I just ordered my second one and am impatiently waiting for it to arrive. I feel like that style is flattering on so many different body types, and every time I wear mine, I get compliments.

rdjrneace 12-07-2016 01:01 PM

I am completely hooked. I love the Cassie skirt and believe me I never thought I would be a "pencil" skirt girl but I don't feel like it makes me "fat" but instead it makes me feel good about the curves I have.

I do not like the azure skirt (it is to short in the back for me.

The Amelia is great and I love that it has pockets. I wish the zipper in the back was not so "visible" but I love it anyway.

The Carly is very loose flowing but I am going to try with a "vest" and see if that makes a difference.

The Classic & Perfect T is wonderful. I love both of them.

The leggings is just wonderful and I actually do wear them out of the house with my longer shirts and actually my hubby stated they make me look smaller.

BrattyMeg 12-08-2016 01:45 PM

Not a Carly fan either...just doesn't work on my body.

I'm still an addict though...big addict haha

BrattyMeg 12-08-2016 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sasha (Post 1062852044)
I just seen the other day a big building in California on the 15fwy with a light up sign that said..Lularoe...and I thought of you all =)

that's their home office

Becca Bonneville 12-09-2016 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nesser1981 (Post 1062852171)

Carly can be tricky but so many thought they hated her until they 1. found the proper size or 2. styled Carly with a belt, knotted, etc.

The photo going around with the Carly belted with a petticoat is TOO CUTE!

adi&co. 01-15-2017 03:12 AM

stumbled upon this thread and i"m adding my two cents, lol!

I LOVE leggings, but I HATE LLR... because the only patterns I like are never in my size! I've not found a single one in my size that I like. I'm also extremely picky. I've joined thousands (feels like thousands anyway) of groups, been first to see fresh shipments, etc, and nada. I can't find a dress in my size iwth a pattern i like either and it kills me. I want to buy some so bad, but I'm not going to buy something I won't wear.