Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   Long Term Projects (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=188)
-   -   Family AND Kids Albums (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=81683)

juliem888 07-03-2015 07:28 PM

Family AND Kids Albums

Does anyone do both?

If so what do you put in each? Do you just do a single card for the family album and then do like pages in a kids album?

I really am stuck with what I would like to happen in my documenting.

At this stage I have been using the app and just had a weekly family album. Alot of focus on what the kids are doing not necessarily what is happening with the weather or just everyday stuff.

I guess I am just looking to see what everyone else does to see if I can get some inspiration...

And now back to the confusion in my head...lol...

ChristineF 07-04-2015 02:31 AM

I have separate album for each kid ( one album per year ), then a project life/pocket style weekly one for me where I document everything from the weather to nail polish or what we ate/did/saw that week. Holidays/vacations that last more than a few days get their own albums.

juliem888 07-04-2015 02:53 AM

Christine, I have just had a look at your gallery WOW!!! They are some amazing pages :) Thanks for sharing what has worked for your family. Will go and have a good look through :)

JennNtheBoys 07-08-2015 06:24 PM

When I was a paper scrapper I had 1 album per kid (thinking ahead to when they are older and want to take them), and I had an album for each year of things we did together as a family. (at one point I had a different album per holiday that I added to each year). NOW that I am Digital I just put everything in one album...I can print 3 copies if each kid wants one and then they have everything for the entire family instead of just themselves. I think this is why I haven't been able to get into full pocket mode... I think I would end up with WAY too many pages that way.

juliem888 07-08-2015 08:47 PM

Yes Jenn that's what I was thinking of doing and then I was like what about the moments where I want to do direct something specific to one of the kids..lol..

Honestly I should just scrapbook whatever and let them decide when I'm no longer around..lol..

adi&co. 07-23-2015 03:08 PM

I have a book of my husband and I that is more of a family one, and then I have books for the kids. I do each kid separately so I often print the same page 3 times if it's got all of them in it.

nesser1981 07-23-2015 08:17 PM

I just do chronological albums.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sherri Tierney 07-25-2015 04:20 PM

I struggle with this! For the longest time I was making a lot of Shutterfly albums. I had one printed for the book case for now, one for the future and one printed for each child, so I typically had 3-4 copies made of each book. If it was just a book for the child I had one put in the book case, one for them for the future and one for me for the future. I haven't had any layouts printed in a long time. We just view them on the computers. I really need to start deciding what I want to do exactly. Given the attitude my kids have about my pages right now, I have a feeling we will need for each of them to have their own albums. They love their books! I'm thankful for that, but it would be easier if they weren't interested. ;)

jacinda 07-25-2015 11:12 PM

That's the glory of being digital. Do whatever albums feels right to you, then give your kids a hard drive or flash drive of all the layouts so they can print more themselves once they leave home/get married etc. At the moment I just do separate albums for my girls, and an All About Me one for myself. If it's a family activity I put a copy in both kid's albums. I used to do a weekly or monthly family summary (P365 or P12), but it got to be too much for me and I've let that go now. I print photobooks at the end of every year. If I scrap something out of sequence the next year it just goes at the front of the next album. I figure as long as it's documented the kids won't care.