Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   A Sweet Little Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Don't tell my husband! (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=89756)

Neverland Scraps 10-26-2018 03:51 PM

Don't tell my husband!

I bet you thought this was going to be a "I spent too much money on my digi-stash" :D Nope, it's better!!

My husband is gone. He won't be home until the middle of November. My parents had decided they were going to visit us and spend time with us. What turned out to be a "playing tourists" trip, turned out to be a "hey, let's put flooring down on your entire first floor" trip!! :blink: I'm not kidding!

My parents came in late Saturday evening and by Sunday afternoon, my dad had ripped out the entire front room!!! We tore out all the flooring (minus the laundry, main bathroom and my husband's office). We have laid wonder board in 3/4 of the first floor, minus my husband's office. We are saving my husband's office for last as it's housing the entire first floor of goods.

Today is piecing the last of the wonder board and pulling up the linoleum in the laundry and main bathroom. Tomorrow is applying the wonder board and starting to paint the kitchen, dining and living room. Next week, will be adding tile to the entire first floor (minus my husband's office).

I have just a little bit more time before he gets home and gets to see the transformation done to the house. Fingers crossed he isn't mad that we ripped up our nasty carpet and linoleum to replace with a look-alike wood tile and painted the ugly fecal matter brown walls to a light gray.

Here's a few photos to share all the work that we've done since Sunday afternoon---it's not even half of what I took!! The youngest loves picking up all the nails. The middle has been helping me screwing in the screws on the wonder board and the oldest has been babysitting the youngest for me!

https://i.imgur.com/PPVzB9V.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/N0Zxrvo.jpg

My trash people must have hated me. I can't put anything on the side of my trashcan. The rule is, if it's IN the trash can, they will take it. So I piled it 10 feet, plus high. I currently only have 8 more rolls of carpet to get out next week! Not bad! All those military moves taught me how to compact and pile! :D
https://i.imgur.com/77QjrHK.jpg

So if you don't hear from me in a couple of weeks, it's because we are transforming our 1500 sq foot first floor! I'm exhausted. I can't wait until this "work" portion of my parent's trip is over so we can play "tourists" again!

navaja77 10-26-2018 04:23 PM

I like your parents! haha

I need this kind of motivation for home projects so you can send them my way here in AZ ;)

I look forward to seeing how it looks when it's done. :)

g8rbeckie 10-26-2018 04:26 PM

lol!! your parents are awesome for doing that! my mom is the same way. every time they come to visit my mom asks "now what projects are we doing?" lol. Sometimes I want to say "we're laying on the couch this week mom!!" ha ha.

good luck finishing up!! it will look amazing!

craftytam 10-26-2018 06:14 PM

This is going to be so amazing when it's all done, Wendy!!

Your parents are definitely awesome!

mrsashbaugh 10-26-2018 07:16 PM

That's so awesome Wendy! I'm sure you're husband will be pleasantly surprised. That is so awesome of your parents too!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Leablahblah 10-26-2018 07:16 PM

I can't wait to see the final results!

renatasluis 10-27-2018 03:55 AM

I did this with my sons room last week when he was on vacation with his dad.
Ripped of the carpet and put a floor in it.

nietis 10-27-2018 08:12 AM

Your parents are so cool!!!
I can't wait to see the final result and your husband's face when he comes home! ;)

joelsgirl 10-27-2018 08:47 AM

That's so awesome!

MegCreations 10-27-2018 08:56 AM

what a fun project and so fun to have a talented dad! Good luck!

immaculeah 10-27-2018 09:24 AM

Your parents are so cool and handy! That will definitely surprise your husband. Make sure to take a video of his reaction when he comes home. Best of luck! Don't forget to post photos when finished.

Kjersti 10-27-2018 05:01 PM

You have the sweetest family!!

GraceLee 10-27-2018 08:00 PM

The photo of the trash can cracked me up. Good job!!! Can't wait to see it all finished!

staciahall 10-28-2018 01:35 PM

I am totally stealing that idea for getting everything IN the can so they'll take it! You're going TO LOVE your new flooring!

carrie1977 10-28-2018 05:34 PM

I need your parents in my life!! Haha!

I think if my hubby were to come home and see new flooring he would be grateful that he escaped that project! LOL!

AmieN1 10-28-2018 05:49 PM

I agree with Carrie- in that my hubby would just be happy he didn't have to do anything! ;) That will look great when all done! Good work!

lingovise 10-28-2018 07:56 PM

your parents are ahhhhmazing!! what a wonderful surprise for you husband and I love so much how the whole family pitched in and helped ♥ looking forward to the "after" photos!

SeattleSheri 10-28-2018 08:33 PM

Nice!

Leablahblah 10-29-2018 07:53 PM

Did they actually pick up your garbage seeing how full it is?? lol

Neverland Scraps 10-30-2018 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luan37 (Post 1062934822)
Did they actually pick up your garbage seeing how full it is?? lol

Yes they did! I followed the rules. Everything was IN the trash can! Tonight I get to do the same thing and it should be the last week I load my can like that—hopefully!

Leablahblah 10-30-2018 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps (Post 1062934836)
Yes they did! I followed the rules. Everything was IN the trash can! Tonight I get to do the same thing and it should be the last week I load my can like that—hopefully!

wow that's awesome! lol

Neverland Scraps 10-30-2018 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luan37 (Post 1062934850)
wow that's awesome! lol

And I did it again tonight for tomorrow’s trash! 😆

craftytam 10-31-2018 12:01 AM

I can't wait to see pictures of it when it's all done! And, to see your hubby's reaction!

lovely1m 10-31-2018 11:12 AM

That sounds like something my mom would do. lol She comes and helps me with projects. I am sure it will look great!