Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   A Sweet Little Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Dec QOTD: The Top of Your List (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37207)

kresta 12-15-2009 11:34 AM

Dec QOTD: The Top of Your List

What is the one thing that is at the top of your list for Santa to bring for you? Like, if you got this and nothing else this year, you'd still be happy as a clam!!

For me, it would be a camera upgrade. I love my D50, but I think most of you can identify with the neverending desire to upgrade. :)

heathergw 12-15-2009 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kresta (Post 574126)
What is the one thing that is at the top of your list for Santa to bring for you? Like, if you got this and nothing else this year, you'd still be happy as a clam!!

For me, it would be a camera upgrade. I love my D50, but I think most of you can identify with the neverending desire to upgrade. :)

I have the same camera and can totally relate to that desire...

my one thing at the top of the list would be to be able to hire contractors to finish the house renovations and painting.

Darcy Baldwin 12-15-2009 11:49 AM

http://base0.googlehosted.com/base_m...b2dec8aa&hl=en
Seriously..I'd be so happy with a dutch oven :)

nanienamou 12-15-2009 11:57 AM

I just want a little Canon Point and Shoot. We already have a DSLR, a Canon 40D, but it is bulky to carry it around sometimes and I would like something a little more discreet, that I could carry in my purse, for some occasions, like going out, etc. :)

newfiemountiewife 12-15-2009 12:06 PM

A treadmill. I've been asking for 2 years for one.

gracielou 12-15-2009 12:18 PM

Well, a Canon 50D and Sigma 30mm 1.4 lens was at the top of my list. I have been shooting with my Rebel for 6 years so I have been begging Santa all year for an upgrade and I guess he was listening;) because he came early to our house and I am so excited!!

Robin Carlton 12-15-2009 12:21 PM

I want Santa to bring me another baby without all the hassle of being sick and pregnant for 9 months. Kinda like stork delivery with a holiday twist. Santa delivering babies is so much cooler than a silly bird with a pink or blue scarf in it's mouth.

Jennilyn 12-15-2009 12:30 PM

I already got my present..I had to replace my broken Rebel XT with a Nikon D3000. I'm not expecting anything on Christmas morning. Nothing special anyway. :)

pewtertm 12-15-2009 12:31 PM

Another vote for upgraded camera here :)

Seriously, I really do want a new camera before next year's vacation. We're talking about spending a few weeks driving around Texas...going to Big Bend NP, several days on South Padre, etc...so I'd love to get a new camera with wide angle options.

BrattyMeg 12-15-2009 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robin Carlton (Post 574143)
I want Santa to bring me another baby without all the hassle of being sick and pregnant for 9 months. Kinda like stork delivery with a holiday twist. Santa delivering babies is so much cooler than a silly bird with a pink or blue scarf in it's mouth.

I have a stubborn 19 month old I can gladly deliver if you'd like :)

jorgies5 12-15-2009 12:40 PM

A piano - I have been waiting for 10 years to get one (and I know I am not going to get one this year either).

gabbygirl 12-15-2009 12:40 PM

A Wii....but then I guess I would have to have games to play on it huh :p

kscwgirl 12-15-2009 12:53 PM

1 tb ehd. Of course, I alreayd know I'm getting it though.. since I bought it. LOL

Shawna 12-15-2009 12:55 PM

At the top of my wish list is definitely a camera upgrade (I'm eyeing then new Canon 7D or if $$ grew on trees lol the 5DMkII) and a few new lenses!

suze 12-15-2009 01:16 PM

I already have all the cameras and computer stuff I need... so I asked Santa Josh :p to bring me some diamond earrings that he picks out so its a total surprise! I'm so excited

Stacey42 12-15-2009 03:33 PM

I'd love a Kindle.

I'd really really love a Kindle.

Really.

nun69 12-15-2009 03:42 PM

seriously,....someone to clean out my garage :) bit I would love a couple of rolls of seamless paper for taking photographs...

rach3975 12-15-2009 03:42 PM

Since my camera's flash broke last week and I'm not willing to put any more money into repairing it, my only Hanukkah present will be a Canon PS SX200IS. I know I'm getting it, since I'm ordering it later today. :) DH is better off not seeing the exact amount until it's too late to return it, LOL! (We have a deal though--the more I spend on it, the bigger he gets to go when we buy the new tv he wants in a few months.)

Nothing will ever top my present last year: Lauren! She was born on the 6th night of Hanukkah.

mrs_jb 12-15-2009 04:01 PM

Realistically, I would love a point n shoot camera (because like many of you, my DSLR is too bulky) or a small flat-screen TV for my office. In my dreams I would LOVE a new DSLR and some new lens... LOL!

Nathalie 12-15-2009 05:18 PM

That is a tough one for me... got a couple of really expensive wishes :unsure:
I also own the Nikon D50 and wish to upgrade. And then there is the Iphone, a new Notebook (IMac preferably) and a Kindle. Our oven broke down last week and until now it hasn't been repared, a new oven would be heaven! But since there is not enough money, we decided to not get us a present and I am OK with that. We are healthy and we have each other and I am very grateful for that.

meganmecrazy 12-15-2009 05:19 PM

Quote:

This is what I would want too!!!!

xboxmom 12-15-2009 05:44 PM

I am thinking a brand new kitchen table and chairs we have had ours since before we were married and it was a hand me down then....its wobbley and dinged and dented....I really really want a new one for christmas!!!

Robin Carlton 12-15-2009 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlirtatiousBrat (Post 574160)
I have a stubborn 19 month old I can gladly deliver if you'd like :)

LOL - does it come with a good return policy?

R

makabe 12-15-2009 06:24 PM

Seriously, I'd be THRILLED with a day out with my husband. I'm pretty sure my sister has been convinced to provide this "gift" instead of something in a box when she's home to visit. It would be heavenly to have a few hours where I can get out without thinking or worrying about kids or feeling guilty for imposing on my lovely mother again. (And, yes, I need to find a "real" babysitter, too. Just haven't been ready to leave the little one with anyone but family just yet!)

nesser1981 12-15-2009 06:33 PM

Santa brought mine early, I got a Canon 430 Speedlight Still have to learn to use it.

SEJSmiles 12-15-2009 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robin Carlton (Post 574143)
Santa delivering babies is so much cooler than a silly bird with a pink or blue scarf in it's mouth.

bwhahaha!

aggiefamily 12-15-2009 07:09 PM

Amen Robin! I would like mine in pink please.

I am typing this on my present. My pretty new iMac. :wub:

We desperately need a new fridge, washer and dryer and just ordered them. I mean desperate. The dryer drum is no longer a circle (how the heck did that happen?), washer doesn't spin fast enough and fridge can't keep an even temp. Luckily I am on a cooking strike and have enough clean undies for the next 8 days while we wait for the new appliances to be delivered.

So since that is a huge wad of money (that I am still hyperventilating over) there better not be anything under the tree for me.

Kat Stokes 12-15-2009 07:33 PM

The iMac is definitely at the top of my list but I know I'm not getting it this year.... maybe when we get our tax return.

I also want a speedlight and a 50mm lens but I have a feeling that neither are under the tree either. LOL!!!

lovely1m 12-15-2009 11:33 PM

I really want a new lens for my Rebel, but I do not expect that. What I want more realistically is new bathroom rugs & towels. Been using the same rugs since I was in high school. lol

scrapmonkey 12-16-2009 12:27 PM

The top of the list of what I asked for is a yarn ball winder - I know it sounds silly, but have you ever tried to knit with unwound yarn? %$#%$#$ mess is what happens, so I asked for one for my sanity.

What I didn't ask for, but we got anyways, is a brand new big screen TV. We got a rear projection one over 5 years ago and the picture tube keeps going out - the repair, now that it is out of warranty, costs about $500 to fix - that's almost as much as a new TV (and at least a new one can be paid over 12 months but a repair cannot). The reason I'm happy about it is because that the rear projection TV is a monster as is the big honkin' black entertainment unit (that doesn't match the furniture) to hold everything attached to the TV - it takes up about 1/3 of our living room. So now with all the flat screens available, I get the space back in my living room and we get to put it on furniture that matches with the rest of the living room/house. It has been a sore point for me for the last 5 years...

MelissaL88 12-16-2009 01:16 PM

Plane tickets to Paris or London for me and my hubby. :wub: and a new camera and lenses to take with! LOL!

Seriously, I'd love it if dh got me the Totally Rad Actions. But since that isn't happening this year, :D I'll take my new iPhone and the Le Crueset 9 QT dutch oven I got in the last couple months.

MelissaL88 12-16-2009 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darcy Baldwin (Post 574130)
http://base0.googlehosted.com/base_m...b2dec8aa&hl=en
Seriously..I'd be so happy with a dutch oven :)

Darcy,
I got a great deal on a Le Crueset dutch oven at the factory outlet. You should check out their store if there is one near you. You will be SHOCKED at how inexpensive they can be.

DawnMarch 12-16-2009 01:50 PM

I'm actually having a hard time coming up with anything. A Fisheye lens, maybe.

Julie Billingsley 12-16-2009 02:09 PM

top of my list: a new job for my husband (decent pay, benefits, stability, yada yada yada)
but something actually you could wrap up: the perfect pair of black boots. (i've hunted like crazy and I think Santa's elves would have to make them since they don't exist. LOL)

jaylensmom 12-16-2009 08:07 PM

well i want a new car...my son has been wishing for one for months and i think i may grant his wish because mine has been acting crazy lately...

if not a new camera would be nice...

pkstew2 12-16-2009 09:05 PM

A kitchen sink :thumbup: seriously we have been undergoing home remodeling that has gotten way out of hand and my sink was the first thing to go and the last thing to be replaced and I don't think it will be here by Christmas.