Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   A Sweet Little Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   That moment when your son's friend passes out in the bathroom (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=83349)

Valgal 01-09-2016 06:33 AM

That moment when your son's friend passes out in the bathroom

Yikes! So it's about 4:30 in the morning and I got up because I was having horrid dreams for what seemed like hours and I couldn't bear to have another one, and I'm sitting at my desk when my son's friend comes out of the basement to use the bathroom. He's 19. He shuts the bathroom door and about 30 seconds later I hear a giant crash.

EEK!

He swears he's ok and that he might be dehydrated but I called his mom anyway to see what she thought. I guess he's done this off and on over the last few years. I didn't suspect any drugs or alcohol use, but I was searching for signs of it while talking to him.

It freaked me out!

MamaBee 01-09-2016 11:06 AM

oh, that is scary - and when not your own child, too! Good thing it didn't happen on the stairs... Could be just getting up too quickly, like Sandy said. I've had that, coming out of a deep sleep... I hope he is okay and his mom looks into it more...

Valgal 01-09-2016 11:28 AM

Yes, she said that he's been seeing a dr. off and on but they've had insurance problems. Every time it's happened he had been going from a sitting/laying position to standing, and I know about how to work around that because of Eden's neurocardiogenic syndrome. I don't know if anyone remembers our struggle to get her diagnosis last year.

I hope they don't brush this off because he could've really hurt himself! He could've cracked his head on the toilet, you know?

Saar 01-09-2016 12:48 PM

Oh, that is so scary!
I hope he's ok.

I fainted a lot when I was a child. They did several tests on me, but never found anything.

renatasluis 01-09-2016 01:58 PM

Thats scarry.
in the netherlands everybody have insurance so you will always get help from a doctor.

Amanda Yi 01-09-2016 02:23 PM

oh my! that is frightening! I hope he is okay! Can't imagine the fear you were feeling

Red Ivy 01-09-2016 04:45 PM

Oh, wow, that WAS scary!! I hope he's ok! And you too after going through something like this!

lovely1m 01-18-2016 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tx-nana-scraps (Post 1062792623)

Went to doctor and he said I had very low blood pressure when getting up from lying down or even sitting, so he told me to curl my toes under before getting up. That helped push the blood back to the head. It worked! No more passing out. I would even curl my toes under every time I got up from the dental chair too.

For years and years I curled my toes under and never had any more problems.

Oh, I will have to try this! I have low blood pressure, too, and have gotten dizzy many times from it. What a simple fix. When I was pregnant, it was horrible with all that extra blood pumping through.