Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   A Sweet Little Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   OT: How much would you pay... (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38917)

iJenny 02-02-2010 05:11 PM

OT: How much would you pay...

... for a fully-assembled Thomas the Train table set w/ track.

We have a non-thomas-brand train table (not one of the cheap sets) with six storage bins underneath it. And the table top has a fully assembled (screwed in so it won't fall apart) Thomas-brand set of tracks and buildings with a depot, fire house, bridge/tunnel, post office, etc. Its in perfect condition, my boys have just outgrown it.

So, what is the going rate for a set like this in your area? I don't want to under-sell it because we paid good money for the set a few years ago and I know its still valuable. But I also dont want to ask too much, kwim?

((I also have a big set of thomas and non-thomas wooden and metal trains, some of which are battery-powered and make noises, etc.))

rachaelsscraps 02-02-2010 07:10 PM

We bought something similiar for our son, but without the Thomas theme, new for about $150... so a used Thomas set, I'd probably pay like $75 for... it's hard to say without seeing it though. Good luck! :)

Sharon Kay 02-02-2010 07:13 PM

we kept our Thomas wooden trains and the train tracks ... something for my son to hand down to his children some day.

Not sure of the $$ you might check ebay maybe?

AnnieBananie 02-02-2010 08:03 PM

$4.

;)

beaucat 02-02-2010 09:02 PM

We sold ours for $50 but I sold it to a family friend so I priced it low...

nesser1981 02-02-2010 09:18 PM

For a lot!

Seriously, you guys had to invest a ton of money in it Jenny. I know the one I got Cooper for Christmas was a $160 and its not Thomas. The table itself I think is $200 with nothing on it.

crecia27 02-02-2010 09:29 PM

are you listing it on craigslist? If so I'd go a bit higher than you think and then put OBO, just see what people offer. You can always bring the price down later, and it doesn't cost to list it. I love Craigslist!

lovely1m 02-02-2010 10:12 PM

There is currently one on our Craiglist for $250, being the mommy of a Thomas fan, I thought that was a fab deal. Course my son already had most of it, I did email her to see if she would break up the lot and sell some pieces. Last summer, I bought a big tub full of tracks & about 30 trains & a few small pieces like the train wash for $140. It was a steal IMO.

msteiner99 02-02-2010 10:17 PM

The ones around here sell for a pretty penny. We got our boys a Thomas table/track and tons of wooden trains last Christmas, and I know how much we invested in it.

Make sure you price it right, so that you're not losing a ton of money ... especially if it's in really good condition.

eranslow 02-02-2010 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crecia27 (Post 599504)
are you listing it on craigslist? If so I'd go a bit higher than you think and then put OBO, just see what people offer. You can always bring the price down later, and it doesn't cost to list it. I love Craigslist!

This is great advice! And whoever said to check ebay too. We are Thomas lovers here too - ds got a non Thomas table and set for Christmas and we spent around $120 - but the Thomas brand stuff is really expensive (and good quality). Definitely compare prices. Good luck!

Lizzy257 02-03-2010 06:01 AM

I have a huge Thomas fan here too, but as we're on the other side of the world, I won't be much use to you on pricing. But lets just say that the prices I see in the post would be a complete steal compared to what we paid for DS's Thomas stuff.