Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   A Sweet Little Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Swagbucks TV Trick! (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58961)

ripal 11-20-2011 07:18 PM

Swagbucks TV Trick!

I know there are lots of SB users here, so I thought I would share this trick to earn plenty of SB points quickly.

I'm not sure of other browsers, but Opera browser, you can set the web page on autoefresh.

I have set up swagbucks tv to autoefresh every 70 seconds. This allows time for the ad and enough of the video to play and get 10% every single time. I think it took about 5 hours to completely cycle through.

To autoefresh in Opera: right-click on the webpage itself(on whitespace, nothing clickable), You'll see "Reload Every" with it's own options. I set up one minute 10 seconds. That's how easy!

Just in case, if you're not SB user or on fence, if this trick makes you want to give it a try, you can use my link to sing up for SB. Thanks! This trick will get you one $5 Amazon GC almost every 3 days!

http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/ripal

Kat Stokes 11-20-2011 09:41 PM

How do you set up the SB tv to refresh every 70 seconds?

ETA: Nevermind, I figured it out. :) Yay for more swagpoints! Thank you!

ripal 11-20-2011 10:16 PM

Kat, this only works with Opera browser. You'll need to download the browser. Then, follow the steps in my first post.

I had heard about this for a while, but today was the first time I got the chance to install Opera(at first I had thought that it was only for Mac ;) ). I didn't want to post about it before I tried it myself and see how hassle free it is. ;) I've earned 150 points today just from keeping my browser open and running the video on its own.

ripal 11-20-2011 11:54 PM

Yes, it plays the same video over and over again(I hit the mute on the video lol), but you still get the points. I thought it would cycle thru the random videos, but it doesn't.

Kat Stokes 11-21-2011 12:11 AM

I started it about 2.5 hours ago and I've already earned about 40 points. Letting this baby go and go... LOL!!!

Jen22 11-21-2011 03:17 AM

Just downloaded Opera - and I think I have it set up right. I'm off to bed -- I'll find out tomorrow if I did it right :) Thanks for the trick!! :D

Stacey42 11-21-2011 11:39 AM

Oh I am so giving this a try while I am down here using my folks cable internet. Things buffer for far too long on my slow home connection so I never try the tv option on swagbucks

Jen22 11-21-2011 12:02 PM

yes - I did it right and it totally worked!! It likes to slow my internet way down after a while (like after a couple hours), but a quick cache cleaning and restart of the internet fixes that :)

scrapperjade 11-21-2011 03:25 PM

Firefox has an autoefresh... anyone know if it works with FF as well? I'm trying it now, hoping it works!

dover6473 11-21-2011 03:36 PM

thanks for sharing this! Ive got 30 points so far!:thumbup::thumbup:

SweetMelissa 11-21-2011 05:35 PM

Thanks for sharing! I'm going to do it now.

ripal 11-21-2011 05:44 PM

Glad it's helping out! :) By Christmas, we might actually collect enough points to get something for ourselves! ;)

scrapperjade 11-21-2011 06:29 PM

Yay! I tried it with Firefox, and it works! I just had to click "Enable ___________" first. I've already got 12 SB (and it's been going for an hour).

SweetMelissa 11-21-2011 06:33 PM

I've gotten 13 points so far.

ripal 11-21-2011 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrapperjade (Post 902763)
Yay! I tried it with Firefox, and it works! I just had to click "Enable ___________" first. I've already got 12 SB (and it's been going for an hour).

That's awesome! Where in FF did you click Enable? I can't seem to find it.

Thanks!

scrapperjade 11-21-2011 07:20 PM

When you right-click & choose "Reload Every", a side menu pops up, and the Enable option is on there.

ripal 11-21-2011 08:12 PM

I only have Reload option and not Reload Every...

Guess, I'll just keep Opera around for SB purpose! lol

Jennilyn 11-21-2011 08:12 PM

I did it and the meter keeps going to 100%, but it never adds any SB to my total! :(

Jennilyn 11-21-2011 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ripal (Post 902809)
I only have Reload option and not Reload Every...

Guess, I'll just keep Opera around for SB purpose! lol

Ditto Ripal! It'd be nice to have the option on Chrome since I use that more than FF now.

ripal 11-21-2011 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jennilyn (Post 902810)
I did it and the meter keeps going to 100%, but it never adds any SB to my total! :(

Is that with using Opera? Mine worked fine. I thought that after laptop screen went to sleep(at night), I won't get any more points, but I had collected over 100 points by just letting it run overnight.

Jennilyn 11-21-2011 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ripal (Post 902818)
Is that with using Opera? Mine worked fine. I thought that after laptop screen went to sleep(at night), I won't get any more points, but I had collected over 100 points by just letting it run overnight.

Yep, using Opera. I tried it a few times and it does the same thing. No more points accumulated. :(

Kat Stokes 11-21-2011 11:57 PM

Change it to 1 minute 20 seconds. I had to do that at work today even though my laptop at home is set for 1 min. 10 secs. Weird. I actually went through all of the video today and earned 33 pts.

Jen22 11-22-2011 12:25 AM

I'm so happy I learned this trick, lol. I got a 156 total today before it cut me off (y'all can check under the ledger in your account area - you can filter it by what you've earned with just the TV and further filter it by showing just what you got for one day) :D

ripal 11-22-2011 12:29 AM

Yes, for SB TV, 150 points is the max you can earn. That's only 3 days to earn $5 GC! :) It usually used to take me 2-3 months to earn one GC! lol

JenniferB 11-22-2011 12:33 AM

What a great tip!

I'm stuck though - I downloaded Opera and chose a video to watch (Muppets!) but I'm getting a Flash error - I keep trying to install Flash but it's not working.

Anyone else run into this?

Thanks!
Jennifer

ETA: While messing around with the plug-in, I've made it to 40%? I set it up to refresh every 80 seconds, I will check back to see if the meter is going up!

Stacey42 11-22-2011 08:31 AM

I don't have reload every as an option on my Firefox either. :( Bummer I'd love to not have 3 browsers on my computer.

Is if from a plug in Jaedyn?

ripal 11-22-2011 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stacey42 (Post 902925)
I don't have reload every as an option on my Firefox either. :( Bummer I'd love to not have 3 browsers on my computer.

I know! That's why I didn't give it a try even though I had known about this for a month. Finally, I figured, I can give it a try and see if it's worth the hassle of having extra browser open. And if it works, at least I can share with others and let them decide if they want to try it out! lol

Kara 11-22-2011 11:50 AM

I love the idea of more points, but is anyone else concerned that Swagbucks would catch onto this and suspend your account? I know they've done this for other things ...

scrapperjade 11-22-2011 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stacey42 (Post 902925)

It could be... but I have no idea. We are using the latest version of FF, and DH does a lot of fiddling & playing with settings. Sorry I can't be of any more help!! I'll ask DH later when he gets home.

ripal 11-22-2011 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kara (Post 902996)
I love the idea of more points, but is anyone else concerned that Swagbucks would catch onto this and suspend your account? I know they've done this for other things ...

Swagbucks rule says not to use any autoefresh add-on or plug-ins. This is not the add-on. It's the feature of the browser(at least for Opera) itself. But you're right about being concerned about it.

Jennilyn 11-22-2011 12:45 PM

I just downloaded the Easy Auto Refresh extension for Google Chrome. We'll see how that works!

mummytothree 11-22-2011 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kara (Post 902996)

Ditto and quite frankly (I know this is gonna make me super unpopular, but I don't care) I feel like it's cheating. It might not be an add on or a plug in but you are still manipulating a feature of a certain browser (not all browsers have this) to unnatural boost your points. :thumbdown: