Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   A Sweet Little Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   QOTD: 08/05 Photography (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91166)

bcgal00 08-05-2019 02:36 PM

QOTD: 08/05 Photography

Other than people, what are your favorite subjects to photograph? Or do you only focus on family/people?

bcgal00 08-05-2019 02:39 PM

Anyone who knows me, knows that I love to photograph landscape, wildlife and food. I have spent the morning sipping coffee at the kitchen counter, watching out the window for the hummingbirds to come to the feeder. I was able to get a few photos of them that I can't wait to scrapbook. While waiting for the birds to come to our feeder, I watched youtube videos on bird photography.....gee....can you tell I'm obsessed? LOL. There is something something so magical about watching and photographing the birds.

DivaMom96 08-05-2019 03:41 PM

@bcgal00 I also love to photograph food and birds!!! I've been studying food photography over the summer and it was a lot of fun - a lot of work, too, but fun.

I find myself photographing buildings and skylines a lot. I've been doing a study of the Tampa skyline and I want to make a scrapbook layout with this one photo I took eventually.

Birds are also another favorite of mine, especially birds on the beach! Really anything from nature is fun. I love shooting flowers, but mine never really come out well. I'm not sure why, but I never like my flower photos.

angiekey 08-05-2019 04:42 PM

I love photographing our pets. It takes a ton of patience, but when i manage to capture an image that shows an element of their personality, it’s so rewarding!

I’m also starting to dabble with nighttime photography. I’m trying to capture a shot of the sky from our backyard, since the stars are so much clearer at our new home in the quasi-country, and if the clouds will cooperate, I should be able to get an image with the Milky Way.

I love travel photography, too, and have begun planning our trips around my photography bucket list!

adi&co. 08-05-2019 05:27 PM

When I was super into photography, I really loved photographing toddlers. I found that their parents usually had a hard time getting them to look, but I had lots of tricks up my sleeve, after photographing my own kids. It was always really fun to give the parents a pic of their kid looking and smiling a genuine smile and the parents just loving it!

Now i barely photograph anything but my animals....

Kiana 08-05-2019 05:31 PM

WILDLIFE and NATURE

JennNtheBoys 08-05-2019 06:51 PM

Lighthouses and Seascape are my absolute favs..... and aminals too. :)

LynnZant 08-05-2019 06:52 PM

Zoo animals--especially when their personalities are showing.

Sherri Tierney 08-05-2019 08:29 PM

I haven't really been into photography lately. My point and shoot died and I got tired of carrying my SLR everywhere so I started just using my phone and sort of lost the love of photography.

That said, my kids are past the cute phase and my granddaughter is too far away. I take a lot of photos of kids at school but I can't do anything with those personally. I do take a lot of pictures of nature, my animals, sunsets, trees, etc.