Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   A Sweet Little Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   2015 Calendars (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=78641)

hollyxann 08-28-2014 08:01 AM

2015 Calendars

Ok I know it's super early....but can we all start thinking about 2015 Calendars. I try to make my grandparents a new calendar every year but I like to get an early start on them lol.

Any plans or ideas when we may start to see them hit the store? :wub: :o

carrie1977 08-28-2014 08:55 AM

I didn't do any calendars last year...I need to be better this year.

jaylensmom 08-28-2014 10:29 AM

I didn't make any last year either...my goal is too do one this year for my parents and maybe my grandmother...

abm234 08-28-2014 10:45 AM

I need the pre made 5x7. Those were a hit last year! I think it might have been a collab between Cindy and KCB? I just dropped my photos in there and instantly done! Love them!

julifish 08-28-2014 10:55 AM

I groaned when I saw this...I always do calendars. The thought makes me groan, but maybe this year I'll just pop my pics in to some cute quick pages and be done. I usually try to use pages I made throughout the year and then just make a few using the calendar templates. However, I've done a lot of PL this year and not so much layouts I could use for calendars. A Cindy KCB collab sounds like it could save my life!

Rubia Padilha 08-28-2014 12:28 PM

ok - I am freaking out now! lol don't do that with me, Holly!

Libby Pritchett 08-28-2014 12:38 PM

LOL Mine aren't coming til the end of October.

hollyxann 08-28-2014 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rubia Padilha (Post 1062698775)
ok - I am freaking out now! lol don't do that with me, Holly!

lol sorry Ru! :wub:

I just like to get a head start on things that I know may take me a while lol :)

lauren grier 08-28-2014 02:35 PM

I'm hoping to make some this year.. we'll see. I always think about doing it and then ..don't :p

mariewilcox 08-28-2014 02:49 PM

I've always used Cindy's temps and used the same set for a couple years in a row, but this year I might use quick pages instead since my time is at a heavy premium this year.

MamaBee 08-28-2014 03:39 PM

The last two years I've used the calendar quick pages... :wub: So much work to do my own when I have a family that most don't appreciate it.

rach3975 08-28-2014 04:40 PM

I love using the calendar quick pages! Can't wait to see what's coming this year. I usually buy mine sometime in October so I can be ready for Black Friday printing sales.

lovely1m 08-30-2014 10:53 AM

I was actually just thinking about this the other day, too. lol I try to get an early start, too. It seems to take forever.

Sherri Tierney 08-30-2014 01:59 PM

I need to get an early start as well. I didn't make any for 2014 and it is the first year in like 10 that I hadn't made any. My MILs both want one! DH is frustrated that we don't have one hanging up. LOL I NEED them for 2015. :)

jesskab 08-30-2014 10:21 PM

Last year my laptop was broken, so the calendars came out in May! I don't like quickpage calendars. I like to put in all my own stuff. I can't wait 'til the templates come out. I'm ready.

wvasweetness 08-30-2014 11:08 PM

I would looooove to see some calendar products out in Sept or early Oct. We celebrate the holidays starting the beginning of December and I can never have calendars finished and printed for gifts when they come out in November. #firstworldproblems

Txcorey 08-30-2014 11:10 PM

Calendars are the one time a year I do quick pages and I'm very thankful for them!

KateD 10-19-2014 07:56 AM

Wow, you girls were thinking about calendars really early! I just now started thinking about making my 2015 calendar and was wondering when the templates & quick pages will start to come out. I've used Cindy's templates for a few years and last year used the quick pages. I can't wait to see who Cindy is teaming up with this year!! Any idea when we'll start to see the calendars in the shoppe?

JennNtheBoys 10-19-2014 08:35 AM

Calendars are the one thing I would like to make, but never know how to go about it so I just don't do it. I made one once for myself one year, but I made it as the year went one, one page at a time... I did this so I could take a pic each month of me and the boys in theme.... and to have the photo current! Something about photos of us that are over a year old doesn't appeal to me, but perhaps that's the one thing I need to just get over. Has anyone made a calendar with scenery pics rather than family ones??

So if anyone wants to share how they look at the project and get it done, I'd really appreciate it. I just think it would make a great gift and would love to add it to my annuals.

dana 10-19-2014 01:45 PM

i'm hoping that cindy and kristen do their QP calendar toppers again in this year - that's what i'm planning to use :) i make them for about 20 people in the family!

scrappydoo81 10-26-2014 10:39 AM

Does anyone know if any designers will be releasing a calendar this year? Cindy probably isn't and I thought it was getting quite late now?

abm234 10-26-2014 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dana (Post 1062708728)
i'm hoping that cindy and kristen do their QP calendar toppers again in this year - that's what i'm planning to use :) i make them for about 20 people in the family!

I'm counting on these! Hope they do it!

rach3975 10-26-2014 09:54 PM

I've also been using Cindy's QPs for the last few years and I'm still hoping Cindy or another designer will release something on DSD. There's really only 1 other digiscrapping shop I pay attention to, but I haven't seen 8.5x11 toppers come out there, either. Maybe too many people have moved away from paper calendars and it isn't worth the time investment for designers anymore. :(

I know Shutterfly has 12x12 calendars, and if no one does calendar QPs I may look into those so that I can use them with my existing LOs or other QPs in the shoppe. But I print 8 copies for the extended family, and I don't think they'd want such big calendars.

scrappydoo81 11-01-2014 11:13 AM

No calendars this year :( Anyone know a different site doing them?

BrattyMeg 11-01-2014 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrappydoo81 (Post 1062711927)
No calendars this year :( Anyone know a different site doing them?

Becca and I released calendar toppers today. We will have full calendars in the next week or two :) Just ran out of time to finish the bottoms

jesskab 11-04-2014 02:33 PM

Is anyone doing calendar topper templates? Meghan, I love the new kit. Will you have a template version of those lovely quickpages?

mariewilcox 11-04-2014 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlirtatiousBrat (Post 1062711965)
Becca and I released calendar toppers today. We will have full calendars in the next week or two :) Just ran out of time to finish the bottoms

These are nice but I was looking for templates also - I like to include more than one photo per topper since after the calendar year is done my parents take the toppers and put them into a photo album and that becomes their yearly photo album of my daughter :) I was a bit disappointed that there weren't any calendar temps for DSD and just started making my own toppers so I can get them done before Thanksgiving :) Cheaper in the end too, which is always good ;)

BrattyMeg 11-04-2014 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jesskab (Post 1062712316)
Is anyone doing calendar topper templates? Meghan, I love the new kit. Will you have a template version of those lovely quickpages?

not sure I'll get with Becca and see :)

Sherri Tierney 11-04-2014 10:38 PM

Cindy... are you perhaps doing bottoms for your calendar topper templates from before? I'm lazy and don't want to make my own bottoms but thought of using the same templates and flipping them, etc. to make them look different this year.

KateD 11-05-2014 08:38 AM

Fortunately, I don't need bottoms; I just use the ones that come with the calendars I order. I have Cindy's 2012 and 2013 templates and her quick pages from last year with KCB. I think I'm going to mix it up with a few of the quick pages, a few of the pages that I made in 2013, and maybe a few new pages with the 2012 templates. Honestly, I don't think that anyone who gets the calendars would really care if there are duplicate page designs - they just like the new pictures each year.

mariewilcox 11-05-2014 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KateD (Post 1062712385)
Fortunately, I don't need bottoms; I just use the ones that come with the calendars I order. I have Cindy's 2012 and 2013 templates and her quick pages from last year with KCB. I think I'm going to mix it up with a few of the quick pages, a few of the pages that I made in 2013, and maybe a few new pages with the 2012 templates. Honestly, I don't think that anyone who gets the calendars would really care if there are duplicate page designs - they just like the new pictures each year.

I've used the same temps for a few years now and no one has ever mentioned that they look the same - I scrap them with different kits and new photos and voila - done.

I was looking for either new quick pages this year or new temps since I haven't had new ones for a few years, but I give up - LOL. I need to get them done soon!

ChristineF 11-05-2014 12:45 PM

Speaking of calendars. I see the ones in the shoppe for 2014 are mostly 11 x 8,5 which those of us that print at home and aren't in the states might have difficulties printing.
Is there a chance of the ones coming this year (if there are any) will be available in both orientations? I would LOVE to make calendars of my own, but as long as they're in letter size I won't be able to print them :/

Sherri Tierney 11-05-2014 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KateD (Post 1062712385)

I agree, no worries using the same templates again. My family would never notice.

I use the bottoms because I print mine at home and bind them using the binding machine at work.

scrappydoo81 12-09-2014 11:41 AM

Will the calendar bottoms be released at all?

Also last year was the first year I bought the templates and was wondering if there is any other site I can purchase previous years?

Rubia Padilha 12-09-2014 12:02 PM

I have this pack - this come with 2015 calendar, an art to use and/or you can use the small clusters to make your own composition. :)

https://www.sweetshoppedesigns.com/s...d11a7b86e7.jpg