Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   Sweet Reads-Book Club (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   ~Books for May~ (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53192)

BrattyMeg 05-01-2011 03:42 PM

~Books for May~

Hey readers! We are going to go with these 3 for May. Since there was a tie in Fiction we'll go with both of those and with 1 from historical/misc b/c there was a clear winner there. I'll put discussion threads up soon!

The Weird Sisters by Eleanor Brown
The Girl Who Chased the Moon by Sarah Addison Allen
Water For Elephants by Sara Gruen

FireWolf 05-01-2011 04:56 PM

Oops, sorry for the tie, but I couldn't decide which of the two I wanted to read the most, so I tied them up in hopes that someone else would vote after me.

I'll be "reading" all three this month. I've already got Water for Elephants and The Weird Sisters and I'm downloading The Girl Who Chased the Moon right now, so I'm all set for this month.

Misty Cato 05-01-2011 06:02 PM

I've ordered The Girl Who Chased the Moon and should have it soon. I've ordered Weird Sisters too, but I'm number 81 on the hold list at the library, so I probably won't see it by the end of the month.

Read and enjoyed Water for Elephants, so I'll be happy to join in that discussion too.

lovely1m 05-01-2011 06:11 PM

None stand out as something I really want to read, but I didn't vote so that's probably partly my fault. I am just not a fan of chick lit and they all kinda seem like they are. Maybe I'll try whatever seems most popular?

chastml 05-01-2011 06:32 PM

I'm getting the Weird Sisters from my library now. I've already read The Girl Who Chased the Moon, if I think about it, I'll jump into that discussion as well. Not even going to try to get Water For Elephants from my library - seriously long waiting list there.

purple_colourz 05-01-2011 07:01 PM

I bought the books except The Weird Sisters, I should start with the two first and see how it goes....

jendavey 05-01-2011 07:48 PM

I started reading The Girl Who Chased the Moon a few months ago but got sidetracked. What a great reason to get back into it!

ovaltine 05-01-2011 10:46 PM

I got The Weird Sister and The Girl Who Chased the Moon just in time, the waiting list in my library was so long I thought I'll never get them :)
So excited for this month's book club!

d2vasquez 05-01-2011 11:58 PM

Oh I am excited about this - I had Water for Elephants in my queue to read on Kindle and like the other suggestions here too. Will buy one and will download to start reading them...

livelys 05-02-2011 09:11 AM

Great choices :) I'm going to listen to Water for Elephants & start to read The Girl Who Chased the Moon just as soon as Amazon deliver it!

nicolelogg 05-03-2011 12:58 AM

I just bought water for elephants, and I may get the others too, they all sound good!

cardinalskate 05-03-2011 07:25 AM

I read Water for Elephants (years ago LOL, way before it that dude was in the movie), so hopefully I remember enough about it to chime in. I'll be looking forward to seeing what the other two books are about! I'm not a big chick lit fan, either, but I love to join reading discussions, so I'm in!

Amy Carey 05-03-2011 08:38 AM

I'm gonna try to join in this month. Just this weekend i had three separate people suggest water for elephants to me. Hopefully one of those people wil have a copy I can borrow, lol

MommaTrish 05-03-2011 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Misty Cato (Post 812702)
Read and enjoyed Water for Elephants, so I'll be happy to join in that discussion too.

ditto!

ZaCola3 05-05-2011 09:44 PM

I have read Like Water for Elephants-been awhile so I might need a refresher...I plan on downloading the other two at some point this month as well.

littlekiwi 05-06-2011 06:26 AM

I've got The Girl Who Chased the Moon waiting for me at the library

~Julie~ 05-06-2011 11:10 AM

Just ordered Water for Elephants through Amazon. It should be here by Tuesday. :)

Andrea G 05-13-2011 05:16 PM

I'm going to have to snag the Wierd Sisters! I've read the other two and loved them both! :)