Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   A Sweet Little Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   curious designers want to know? (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60010)

KristinCB 01-02-2012 11:04 AM

curious designers want to know?

what do you think of the new product packaging? was it worth us giving up our decembers *teehee* to change them all out to be brand new for you? :wub:

lhaslem 01-02-2012 11:07 AM

I LOVE them...change is good:)

Nikki Epperson 01-02-2012 11:12 AM

I love them! They look great and I can't imagine the work that went into all that repackaging!

kendallt 01-02-2012 11:13 AM

I love it too! You guys did a fabulous job. I have yet to encounter anything about the redesign that I don't like. :)

isaacsmom 01-02-2012 11:18 AM

I love it too!!! Can't imagine how much work it was though!

winipeg1 01-02-2012 11:18 AM

I love the new product previews, I cant imagine how long it took you guys to change everyone. Well done they wicked.

carriesmom 01-02-2012 11:21 AM

It is super cute. I really love how fresh it feels. I love the old packaging but this is so much fun!

SweetMelissa 01-02-2012 11:23 AM

I love them!

Lauramarie 01-02-2012 11:23 AM

I have no idea how you all were able to do that and enjoy it---but it looks great!

Megan Turnidge 01-02-2012 11:27 AM

I LOVE the packaging. It looks so clean and simple and pretty. I was looking through the shop and old kits I had overlooked were jumping out at me with the new packaging.

KateD 01-02-2012 11:42 AM

Now I understand why there was sooo many products in the Dec GGG sale ;)

abm234 01-02-2012 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KateD (Post 917925)

LOL!

KristinCB 01-02-2012 11:44 AM

Quote:

yep. 100% correct LOL!

Paula 01-02-2012 11:44 AM

I love the entire site redesign. The only thing that's going to take some getting used to for me is challenges on pinterest.

breakingbrie 01-02-2012 11:47 AM

I think it was totally worth it. I have noticed kits that before i had skipped over. Even looking at kits I already have bought, I notice the papers a LOT more, and I like that. I feel like the kit itself is showed off a bit more.

NeverendingJen 01-02-2012 11:47 AM

I like it, it's defintiely taking some getting used to though, lol!

k23m 01-02-2012 11:53 AM

I love how clean everything is on the site right now, including the new product packaging. I know how long that takes, so kudos to all the designers!!

taracotta7 01-02-2012 12:02 PM

I love it. SO much cleaner and easier to see what is in the kits. I was telling Traci last night that everything was looking all new and sparkly. I kept having to check my stash to see if I had the kit already or not. I was wanting to add them all to my cart! LOL The new packaging sold me 2 kits of Traci's that I had not noticed the first time around. SO, I am slowly adding to my wish list to get ready for sweet rewards. :) I still need to go through my other favorite designer's stores to check it out. :) Of course, K - you are next. :)

Lyd 01-02-2012 12:05 PM

Definitely LOVE! When I first saw it, I said to Robin . . . "Wait . . . does that mean that all the designers are having to repackage?!" What a huge task! I super duper love the clean, simple, and colorful design of everything now, though. :wub:

lovely1m 01-02-2012 12:22 PM

My favorite part is how the papers are along the bottom. Makes it so much easier to see the papers and elements. The only thing I am not sold on so far is the changes to the portfolio.

Jengerbread88 01-02-2012 12:27 PM

They're beautiful, but I really hate them-- I don't have much money this month! Stop making me want to spend more! :P

adrianka 01-02-2012 12:29 PM

Quote:

Good point. :-D

The new packaging is fab, IMHO.

adrianka 01-02-2012 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovely1m (Post 917957)
My favorite part is how the papers are along the bottom. Makes it so much easier to see the papers and elements. The only thing I am not sold on so far is the changes to the portfolio.

This is me, on all points. Love the new previews, love the papers along the bottom the most. I'm not yet sold to the challenges (but I will wait until everything is revealed before passing a final judgement, and I'll be very happy if I change my mind). And yeah, I'm the weird one who isn't excited about third parties involvement (like Pinterest) and social networking dimension (FB and Twitter).

Other than that, I wub the new design. Clean, elegant and modern. Thumbs up. Also, the numerous tweaks that were done + the new and re-done parts are cool. Great job.

Katarina 01-02-2012 12:41 PM

I love it!

nun69 01-02-2012 12:59 PM

I like the clean look and sleek design :)

pewtertm 01-02-2012 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovely1m (Post 917957)

Yep, that's pretty much me too. Actually the previews were fine before, fine now...I'm not picky. The portfolio will take some getting used to, mainly because while I love scrapping, I'm not a visual learner...I do better with printed word on paper in front of my face. But it's not about me, so I'll learn to deal with it :D

Gemma 01-02-2012 01:43 PM

I love the new packaging!! :)

MissKim 01-02-2012 01:49 PM

I buy a kit based on the papers/patterns so I love having the patterns at the bottom where I can really see them. Thanks for taking the time to change them all... it must have been overwhelming!

adrianka 01-02-2012 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pewtertm (Post 918010)
Yep, that's pretty much me too. Actually the previews were fine before, fine now...I'm not picky. The portfolio will take some getting used to, mainly because while I love scrapping, I'm not a visual learner...I do better with printed word on paper in front of my face. But it's not about me, so I'll learn to deal with it :D

I loved the list format because it was easy to copy to Word where I could add remarks, ideas and such. Otherwise I can only agree; one gets used to it I suppose.

Becca Bonneville 01-02-2012 02:25 PM

I am totally in love with the large preview size! The clean look of the packaging looks amazing!

lovely1m 01-02-2012 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pewtertm (Post 918010)

Maybe this is part of my problem, too. It's just so not organized for me. Lol. Plus I don't want to get involved in pinterest and I not want to get sucked in o it. I spend enough time on the Internet. And I gotta wait again. I'm just not patient. ;)

Freckles 01-02-2012 02:38 PM

I'm in love with the new previews!! Love the bigger size as well. The only 'danger' for me now, is that I'm prone to buy kits I already have. I'll have to double check my stash from now on before I press 'submit order'!

terrab 01-02-2012 02:42 PM

The new previews are great and although it was a huge task I think it was really worth it. You've brought old kits back to life.

Lindsay 01-02-2012 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adrianka (Post 918027)
I loved the list format because it was easy to copy to Word where I could add remarks, ideas and such. Otherwise I can only agree; one gets used to it I suppose.

It may take a little bit more time, but I copy the text of the pins I'm interested into a Word doc now and add a link if I really need to see a visual. This way I can print off my list and still make notes, add my checkboxes, etc.

As for the previews, I didn't notice them right away :o, but once I did I was awestruck by all of the work you ladies did to repackage them. Everything looks fantastic!

livelys 01-02-2012 02:52 PM

I think they look fab - it definitely made me look at lots more kits & go 'oooo ahhh'... and then spend more money.

I like the clean, modern look very much :)

littlekiwi 01-02-2012 03:05 PM

it doesn't matter too much to me but I love the clean look overall at SSD! no wonder it is my digi home :)

calvinawalsh 01-02-2012 03:48 PM

I am really impressed with the new site and all the goodies that have come with it. Light and fresh and like others the new packaging on the kit makes me want to purchase kits I already have! I'm not sure about the Portfolio Challenge yet... I liked the list of challenges in an easy printable form with the different sections for various points. I also liked having the total list at the beginning of the month...we'll see.

mariewilcox 01-02-2012 03:50 PM

Quote:

Yep, me too. I love the packaging and how clean the kits look and the ease of seeing what's in them.

As for the portfolio, I liked the list format, and I liked having all the challenges for the month right at the beginning so I can pick and choose which ones are going to work for me and then work from that list. Now I have to wait for new ones each day. So far I have about 2 maybe 3 that I would even come close to doing (I don't scrap my photos to fit the portfolio - if there's something there that fits with my scrapping then I'll do it). I don't have time to wait until a week before the month ends to finish up a bunch of layouts :w00t:

But it's okay, the portfolio isn't the main reason I am here, I like the people and the product :) I have plenty of product so I don't have to buy for a long, long time now! (hence I don't need to worry about getting a discount - it's best for my budget to not buy at all - LOL)

marnel 01-02-2012 04:11 PM

I so so love em, they are nice and clean and ohhh so prettyyy!!!

color of my heart 01-02-2012 04:21 PM

i love it. you guys deserve huge gold stars for doing all of that.

i've only had to repackage once, and i only had four kits to redo. i can't even imagine having to redo alllllll of the ones you guys have!

Nettio 01-02-2012 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mariewilcox (Post 918111)
Yep, me too. I liked the list format, and I liked having all the challenges for the month right at the beginning so I can pick and choose which ones are going to work for me and then work from that list. Now I have to wait for new ones each day. So far I have about 2 maybe 3 that I would even come close to doing (I don't scrap my photos to fit the portfolio - if there's something there that fits with my scrapping then I'll do it). I don't have time to wait until a week before the month ends to finish up a bunch of layouts :w00t:

See and as a highly visual person, the list format totally overwhelmed me. Too...many...words..:D So I love seeing all the pretty challenge pins show up in Pinterest. I'm more inspired to do the challenges than I have been in a long time.

I did want to make sure everyone knows that all of the challenge pins will be posted by the 8th of every month. So you'll still have over 3 weeks to pick and choose which ones you want to do and if you don't want to check Pinterest each day, you can always wait until they're all posted on the 8th and check them all out at once.

SmallMoments 01-02-2012 04:59 PM

They're fabulous!!! As well as everything else! :)

Shawna Clingerman 01-02-2012 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nettio (Post 918129)
See and as a highly visual person, the list format totally overwhelmed me. Too...many...words..:D So I love seeing all the pretty challenge pins show up in Pinterest. I'm more inspired to do the challenges than I have been in a long time.

This is totally me too, that pdf/forum post made me go cross-eyed! Ofcourse... if I could find a way to make ALL of my to-do lists in pinterest form I so would! LOL

ps- SUPER glad everyone loves the new previews! I personally adore them, so I'm glad you all do too!

kristijoy 01-02-2012 05:30 PM

Love the clean look!!!!

iScrap 01-02-2012 05:54 PM

Love the new previews and the larger size. We old people need them as big as they can get. lolol

joelsgirl 01-02-2012 06:52 PM

I can't believe I'm the only person who isn't crazy about the new previews! I mean, I love the clean look, but all those elements floating in the middle makes me feel all kinds of discombobulated.

I'm a list person, too, but I always wrote down the challenges I wanted to do in my notebook anyway, so that's not a big deal for me.

I like the white in the forums and the gallery, but I keep waiting for the page to finish loading, and then I realize, "Oh yeah, THIS IS IT now," lol. I'm sure I'll get used to it.

cardinalskate 01-02-2012 07:16 PM

I like the new previews, too. Haven't looked into the portfolio too deeply yet, but I love the portfolio, and I love Pinterest, so I'll prolly love the new challenge format!

schock77 01-02-2012 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KristinCB (Post 917886)
what do you think of the new product packaging? was it worth us giving up our decembers *teehee* to change them all out to be brand new for you? :wub:

I LOVE them... it really puts the focus on the gorgeous kits...

lovely1m 01-03-2012 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mariewilcox (Post 918111)

As for the portfolio, I liked the list format, and I liked having all the challenges for the month right at the beginning so I can pick and choose which ones are going to work for me and then work from that list. Now I have to wait for new ones each day. So far I have about 2 maybe 3 that I would even come close to doing (I don't scrap my photos to fit the portfolio - if there's something there that fits with my scrapping then I'll do it). I don't have time to wait until a week before the month ends to finish up a bunch of layouts :- LOL)

I'm really hoping more of the ones we haven't seen yet are ones we can do for scrapping the photos we already have too. I understand the appeal of the challenge team to find fun interesting challenges to them, but I like to scrap the photos I take of my life already not photos just for a challenge so I'm hoping we have more that don't tell us what the theme of the layout will be this week. Though it is fun to have some layouts that are a theme I never would have thought of on my own, just not the majority of them. I actually only scrap for the portfolio and only buy with sweet rewards though, so it's very important to me that I click with the portfolio.

suze 01-03-2012 12:05 AM

LOVE it!! I love the change :)