Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   A Sweet Little Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Qotd: Do you keep your Christmas cards? (01/16) (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=88318)

Saar 01-16-2018 04:01 AM

Qotd: Do you keep your Christmas cards? (01/16)

Now that Christmas is over and all the Christmas stuff is put away 'til the end of the year, I want to know... Do you keep the Christmas cards you received from friends and family? What do you do with them? Or do you just throw them away?

jak 01-16-2018 04:59 AM

I used to but not anymore. There's just too much 'stuff' already so that's one thing I can get rid of - in the recycling bin.

kc33558 01-16-2018 07:20 AM

I now scan in the cards/photos I want to keep and use them in a layout. Then they have to go because it really is too much stuff.

rach3975 01-16-2018 08:25 AM

We don't get that many; most people I know seem to have stopped sending them out. I save the 2 from my siblings' families and put them in a memorabilia envelope in the back of my scrapbook. The others I don't keep.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

LynnZant 01-16-2018 11:24 AM

I have every card I've received since I was about seven years old stashed in computer paper boxes. Except from ex-boyfriends. Those went in the trash when I got engaged.

tanyiadeskins 01-16-2018 12:13 PM

No. No cards. No birthday cards, no anniversary cards, no Christmas card.... there is 6 of us. Those things would take over. My husband is a keeper (coughcoughhoardercoughcough) but I have slowly broken him over the years. Im a big fan of throwing stuff out or donating it. I get anxious almost if there is a ton of clutter around me. My kids just love it lol:D

NeverendingJen 01-16-2018 12:29 PM

Christmas Cards stay up on the door I displayed them on until the end of January, then I add a few to my faves album but most get binned. I only save cards from my husband long term.

adi&co. 01-16-2018 02:32 PM

Not anymore! I use to and then with 3 kids added it just became too much. I have 7 siblings and so does my hubby, plus a card from my parents and his, and I have 4 sets of grandparents who send me cards, so yeah. Lots and lots of cards. I keep the pics of my siblings (who are the only ones who send pics) and toss the rest in the recycle bin.

Neverland Scraps 01-16-2018 04:40 PM

Yes!! I keep them because you never know if that's the last time you'll get a card from that person. I'm very sentimental that way. My kids have all their birthday cards and baby shower cards they were given in their top dresser drawer (we call them the junk drawers!)

The ones with the photos, I hang them up in the house so we can remember to pray for that family. The photo ones generally will stay until about Easter or so.

craftytam 01-16-2018 07:22 PM

We don't receive very many anymore. I don't keep them. I used to, but when we moved to another state, I decided we didn't need to move them!

kristalund 01-16-2018 10:05 PM

Yep! I bind them together by year and display them each Holiday Season.