Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   A Sweet Little Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   This sucks. (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=76309)

lauren grier 02-19-2014 07:16 PM

This sucks.

That's all I have to say really. Lol. It sucks and I'm whiney. This post is probably going to take me ten minutes to write lol. LAME. I'm using my phone because it has the autocorrect and makes it a little speedier lol

My hand is doing a little better. Still can't use it for anything and as long as I don't move it and keep it elevated it hurts a little less today :p the swelling has come down a bit thanks to me finally following directions. I tried to do too much the first day so my hand was doubled in size :p stubbornness isn't good. lol. Mom keeps reminding me how deep it was (she was with me when they sewed me up ) and that I just need to be patient. Blah.

I'm bored ! And feel useless. I've been sitting on the couch in my 'nest ' of blankets and doing nothing. Bf finally sees how much I do everyday to keep the house running at least. Lol. The amount of dishes used each day has totally blown his mind hahahha

Ps. Total time 9 minutes :p SO LAME

~Cindy~ 02-19-2014 07:22 PM

I would be totally lost without my right hand. I hold Cade with the left and type/talk/feed my face with the right lol!

luckyme 02-19-2014 07:27 PM

Many years ago I got a similar cut to yours -- except I cheese-grated the skin on my knuckle almost off on my right index finger. (Note to self: Don't use sharp tools at 5:45 am) It was so deep I saw my bone -- and totally passed out when I did! Eww. Anyway, all I can say is don't overdo it and keep it clean! I got a bad infection and had to go on antibiotics to clear it up. :(

lauren grier 02-19-2014 07:27 PM

I had to put my bra on todAy for the first time since it happened ... Holy cow that was an experience in body flexibility lol. So many simple tasks become ridiculous down a hand lol

lauren grier 02-19-2014 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iciclelady (Post 1197599)
Many years ago I got a similar cut to yours -- except I cheese-grated the skin on my knuckle almost off on my right index finger. (Note to self: Don't use sharp tools at 5:45 am) It was so deep I saw my bone -- and totally passed out when I did! Eww. Anyway, all I can say is don't overdo it and keep it clean! I got a bad infection and had to go on antibiotics to clear it up. :(

I'm really hoping we can avoid the antibiotics because that adds a whole new layer of annoying problems because of the blood thinners. Ugh. Bfs family owns an animal hospital do we snagged some goodies to help irrigate the wound and keep it ship shape. Fingers crossed

fifilur 02-19-2014 07:32 PM

I can't imagine not using my right hand. I do EVERYTHING with it, my left hand is basically only for holding stuff, that's the only thing it can do.

adi&co. 02-19-2014 07:34 PM

hugs! I have to giggle though. I've been there with having to sit and do nothing and having my SO realize just how much I do. I sprained my ankle so bad once that the doctor who saw me was amazed I didn't break it and I couldn't walk for 3 weeks. I hope you heal quickly!

lauren grier 02-19-2014 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fifilur (Post 1197605)
I can't imagine not using my right hand. I do EVERYTHING with it, my left hand is basically only for holding stuff, that's the only thing it can do.

My left hand is seriously useless. Lol. It's pathetic. It gets tired too. Wth ?! Clearly I need to like lift weights with only my left or something lol.

lauren grier 02-19-2014 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adi&co. (Post 1197607)
hugs! I have to giggle though. I've been there with having to sit and do nothing and having my SO realize just how much I do. I sprained my ankle so bad once that the doctor who saw me was amazed I didn't break it and I couldn't walk for 3 weeks. I hope you heal quickly!

I feel a little bad .. Lol but only a little. It's good for them to see what we do!! He hasn't attempted cooking dinner yet. We've had store bought & take out only the past few days lol. He wants to try to make dinner tomorrow -- we shall see lol

webseitler 02-19-2014 07:53 PM

Aww, man. I'm so sorry for you, la! Can we suggest some shows on Netflix for you to binge on? LOL!

lauren grier 02-19-2014 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by webseitler (Post 1197614)
Aww, man. I'm so sorry for you, la! Can we suggest some shows on Netflix for you to binge on? LOL!

This is the first time bf has left my side so I've been stuck watching what he wanted lol. We watched the new superman yesterday ( lame. Sucked. ) and he tried to make me watch avatar today - also found this awful lol. And NOW Connor is making me watch batman beyond. Lol. So yes. When Connor goes to bed I totally am claiming netflix and would love some suggestions lol.

webseitler 02-19-2014 07:59 PM

Awesome! You do that! What kinds of shows do you love?

lauren grier 02-19-2014 08:04 PM

Hmm. Well I watch dr who. Sherlock. Grimm & ouat currently. So things other than those. Lol. Crime dramas have a special place in my heart. Lol. I usually have law & order running as my background noise while I work. Lol. Right one I'd be thrilled with anything other than batman cartoon lol.

Julie Billingsley 02-19-2014 08:07 PM

so sorry La. :( I had hand surgery on my right hand and was a complete mess trying not to use it. You really don't realize how important it is for the littlest things (bathroom, etc) until you have to be without it.

webseitler 02-19-2014 08:08 PM

Ooo! We just finished watching the current season of Sherlock. :thumbup:

Chuck is a show that I never watched until it went on Netflix. It's a little dorky, but in a really endearing way.

Then there's always Downton... :wub:

adi&co. 02-19-2014 08:10 PM

a fellow whovian!!! ahh! have you seen firefly? it's on netflix. look it up. it's ah-mazing!

lauren grier 02-19-2014 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julie Billingsley (Post 1197626)
so sorry La. :( I had hand surgery on my right hand and was a complete mess trying not to use it. You really don't realize how important it is for the littlest things (bathroom, etc) until you have to be without it.

The bathroom has been exciting. Lol. Oye. And jeans. Wth man.

lauren grier 02-19-2014 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by webseitler (Post 1197627)
Ooo! We just finished watching the current season of Sherlock. :thumbup:

Chuck is a show that I never watched until it went on Netflix. It's a little dorky, but in a really endearing way.

Then there's always Downton... :wub:

I've never seen chuck. I always meant to try it out but apparently forgot. Lol

lauren grier 02-19-2014 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adi&co. (Post 1197628)
a fellow whovian!!! ahh! have you seen firefly? it's on netflix. look it up. it's ah-mazing!

Love firefly <3

Lyd 02-19-2014 08:31 PM

Brett and I LOVED Chuck! We were so sad when it was over!

You should also try Psych, for a funny crime solving show. :)

Sorry you're so useless, La. Just take advantage of having everyone else serve you for a while.

alinalove 02-19-2014 09:50 PM

get well soon, sweetie! is it bad that we went through most of californi... no. i didn't say it.

webseitler 02-19-2014 10:28 PM

GO WATCH CHUCK! I think you'll like it!

lovely1m 02-19-2014 10:44 PM

That sounds awful. I hope it heals fast.

PurdueLiz 02-19-2014 10:47 PM

UGH, that stinks. I jammed my right thumb in the hospital after my daughter was born and it was horrible. I can't even imagine how it would be with that cut!

If you like Sherlock, have you given Elementary a try? Hubby and I love both.

staciahall 02-19-2014 11:34 PM

Am I the only one wondering how the bf did with his dinner prep debut tonight?

SeattleSheri 02-20-2014 12:38 AM

Sorry! I hope you heal quickly! :(

NellahBean 02-20-2014 03:34 AM

Chuck and Psych are awesome!! I'm falling in love with New Girl too!

nesser1981 02-20-2014 09:25 AM

I had a cyst removed from my right wrist, like 5 1/2 years ago, and I couldn't believe all the things in prevent me from doing. Cooper was a baby, it was right at the bend of my wrist too. Sean had to wash my hair, and take care of the kids for at least a week, maybe longer.

I can't imagine right there on the side of my hand like that.

fifilur 02-20-2014 09:32 AM

I love New girl (Jake Johnson is HOTTTTT) and Drop dead diva on Netflix.

adi&co. 02-20-2014 11:58 AM

ooh i second drop dead diva. i like that show too

lauren grier 02-21-2014 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staciahall (Post 1197709)
Am I the only one wondering how the bf did with his dinner prep debut tonight?

lol he still hasnt done it.. he kept buying pre made things or takeout. tonighthe says he wants to make meatballs so we'll see lol