Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   A Sweet Little Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Auluni- Anyone been? (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84296)

kristalund 04-05-2016 09:41 AM

Auluni- Anyone been?

We are seriously considering going this October. I would love to hear all about your experience, tips n tricks and money saving ideas.

carrie1977 04-05-2016 11:08 AM

No...but it looks ah-mazeballs!

kristalund 04-05-2016 11:38 AM

I know, right???

abm234 04-05-2016 01:39 PM

We've been. It was amazing. It was one of our favorite vacations of all times! We booked our room through David's Disney Vacation Club so we pretty much used somebody else's time share. Aside from the fact that it was Hawaii, one of my favorite parts was that we had this apartment type atmosphere instead of a tiny hotel room and we had a washer and dryer so there was NO laundry to do when we got home from vacation. I could give you more tips on meals, etc if you decide to go!

abm234 04-05-2016 01:39 PM

And we went in October too!

kendallt 04-05-2016 03:53 PM

I've never been, but...if you need a nanny for the kids, I'd be happy to tag along! :p

kristalund 04-05-2016 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abm234 (Post 1062815212)
We've been. It was amazing. It was one of our favorite vacations of all times! We booked our room through David's Disney Vacation Club so we pretty much used somebody else's time share. Aside from the fact that it was Hawaii, one of my favorite parts was that we had this apartment type atmosphere instead of a tiny hotel room and we had a washer and dryer so there was NO laundry to do when we got home from vacation. I could give you more tips on meals, etc if you decide to go!

Thank you! Going to check out that site. Right now we have a group rate that seems like a great deal! Still $$$, but a good deal,

KristinCB 04-05-2016 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kendallt (Post 1062815222)
I've never been, but...if you need a nanny for the kids, I'd be happy to tag along! :p

Ok! so nanny is covered...I could be the bartender?

nietis 04-05-2016 08:54 PM

ROFL Kristin & Kendall!
I don't mind doing the laundry there, so long as you let me tag along, too :p

kristalund 04-05-2016 10:19 PM

totally could use a nanny and bartender! now we have someone to do our laundry?! amazing!! lol

kristalund 04-07-2016 06:48 PM

and WE ARE BOOKED!!

nietis 04-07-2016 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kristalund (Post 1062815564)
and WE ARE BOOKED!!

YAY!!! :w00t:

abm234 04-08-2016 07:00 AM

Give me the details Krista! So excited for you guys! You won't regret it! Are you going to have a rental car to leave the resort?

kristalund 04-08-2016 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abm234 (Post 1062815690)
Give me the details Krista! So excited for you guys! You won't regret it! Are you going to have a rental car to leave the resort?

Hubby would like to do a day of exploring the island. I am not sure if it is really needed esp. because we would have to rent a car. I wasn't planning on it. But our villa has a kitchen so we will have to go to the store to stock up which is about 10 minutes away. I am not sure how we are going to do that all. I would like to spend as little $ once we get there since the trip is already $$$.

carrie1977 04-08-2016 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kristalund (Post 1062815721)
Hubby would like to do a day of exploring the island. I am not sure if it is really needed esp. because we would have to rent a car. I wasn't planning on it. But our villa has a kitchen so we will have to go to the store to stock up which is about 10 minutes away. I am not sure how we are going to do that all. I would like to spend as little $ once we get there since the trip is already $$$.

When we went to Maui in June we hit up the Costco as soon as we landed and had our rental cars. The grocery stores there are super pricey! If there is a Costco you can hit up and you have a membership you should do that instead of a regular grocery store.

kristalund 04-08-2016 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carrie1977 (Post 1062815738)
When we went to Maui in June we hit up the Costco as soon as we landed and had our rental cars. The grocery stores there are super pricey! If there is a Costco you can hit up and you have a membership you should do that instead of a regular grocery store.

for sure! we did the last time we were in Maui. Walmart too!

mrsashbaugh 04-08-2016 11:44 AM

How exciting! Can't wait to hear about your trip and see your pictures! :)

scrap2day 04-08-2016 12:12 PM

It looks like there might be a complimentary shuttle that will take you to another resort that has a grocery store with deli. Across the street from the Aulani is a stop for this shuttle. More info here.

kristalund 04-08-2016 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrap2day (Post 1062815749)
It looks like there might be a complimentary shuttle that will take you to another resort that has a grocery store with deli. Across the street from the Aulani is a stop for this shuttle. More info here.

i saw that. thank yo!

abm234 04-08-2016 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kristalund (Post 1062815721)

You can definitely walk across the street to a little shopping area that has a restaurant (I want to saw Monkey Pods maybe?) and there is a pizza place too. That is way cheaper than eating on Aulani property. The pizza place will actually deliver to Aulani so if your sitting by the pool and want pizza for lunch that would be way cheaper than buying it at Aulani.

We had a rental car for the week. We went to Costco and Target too. They are actually really close to the resort. At Costco we bought a bunch of premade things to eat for the week (veggie tray, fruit tray, cookies). We also bought a few of the Costco premade meals like Chicken Alfredo and things that like that you can just throw in the oven in your villa and feed your entire family for $15.

There is a little outdoor grill area that was nice. We grilled steaks or something one night.

We aren't the type of people that are satisfied sitting on the beach for an entire week all day everyday (weird I know). We need a little more action than that and so do the kids. That's why we did the rental car. We'd drive somewhere and hike up to a waterfall in the morning and then come back and sit by the beach in the afternoon. We did Pearl Harbor one morning, etc.

dinahfig 04-08-2016 02:48 PM

ohhh! How exciting!!! Going to Aulani a week from today!! Cannot wait!! :D

Tedip 06-28-2016 08:11 AM

We went in April for our 35th anniversary and I'm working on scrapping the pictures now. Wish I were still there. :)

kristalund 06-28-2016 09:22 AM

I can't wait!!! I am looking forward to seeing your layouts and photos!