Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   A Sweet Little Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Compromise TV Shows (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84432)

lovely1m 04-21-2016 09:56 AM

Compromise TV Shows

I need new shows for my boyfriend and I to watch together. We have to compromise on the shows we watch like most people so finding new things can be difficult. The last shows we both enjoyed were My Name is Earl, Anthony Bourdain: Places Unknown and No Reservations, American Horror Story and Bosch. Do you have any suggestions for us?

carrie1977 04-21-2016 10:23 AM

LOL...the only shows my hubby and I watch together seem to be from cooking channels. Otherwise, we don't agree at all. We are complete opposites.

Valgal 04-21-2016 10:27 AM

We started watching Underground on (of all networks) WGN. It's a drama about the Underground Railroad and such. It is VERY good, took me by surprise.

If you like AHS you'd probably really like Bates Motel. I think we're in the 4th season now? Anyway, you should check it out.

Jennifer 04-21-2016 11:03 AM

I'm not really familiar with most that you listed, so I'm guessing blind here. :p
Have you seen The Family on ABC? TWISTED! I love it!

carrie1977 04-21-2016 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jennifer (Post 1062817767)
I'm not really familiar with most that you listed, so I'm guessing blind here. :p
Have you seen The Family on ABC? TWISTED! I love it!

I missed the first episode and tried to watch from episode 2 and was so lost that I stopped watching. I'm so bummed about that.

Libby Pritchett 04-21-2016 11:42 AM

Jeff & I watch a lot of stuff together. We like the super hero shows (Arrow, Flash, Agents of Shield, etc). Of course, we are also big Walking Dead fans. And we loved Chuck. We also just finished Parks & Rec, and we both loved that.

Traci Reed 04-21-2016 11:46 AM

My husband doesn't like TV too much but it's one of my loves so we have to compromise...he doesn't like anything too dramatic so the only dramas I can get him to watch are Vikings, TWD, GoT and SOA.

He still likes subversive shows and we both really like Lucifer.

Robin Carlton 04-21-2016 12:04 PM

Are any of you guys watching Fear The Walking Dead? Soooooo good... I think I honestly like it better than TWD.

Libby Pritchett 04-21-2016 12:20 PM

Seriously? I watched the first season of FTWD and hated it. Didn't even bother with season 2. Is it better?

bcgal00 04-21-2016 01:34 PM

We enjoy both TWD and FTWD. Love The Family and Bates Motel too. A few other faves are The Americans, The Path, Damien, Criminal Minds, Game of Thrones, Orphan Black and Fargo.

Robin Carlton 04-21-2016 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Libby Pritchett (Post 1062817790)
Seriously? I watched the first season of FTWD and hated it. Didn't even bother with season 2. Is it better?

Haven't started season 2 actually, but yeah, loved the first season. Felt more relevant and scary seeing how things started going downhill into chaos. TWD is kinda boring me lately. Havent even gotten through the most recent season :thumbdown:

Robin Carlton 04-21-2016 01:40 PM

Also... gonna have to check out The Family... no idea what it is.

Libby Pritchett 04-21-2016 02:15 PM

ROBIN! Go watch the recent season of TWD. Seriously. It gets sooooooooo good.

Traci Reed 04-21-2016 02:24 PM

I wouldn't say FTWD is better than TWD by ANY STRETCH OF THE IMAGINATION. But we do like and watch it.

Traci Reed 04-21-2016 02:24 PM

The family is excellent - and I LOVE The Catch so far too

lovely1m 04-21-2016 03:18 PM

I watch The Walking Dead, Fear the Walking Dead, The Americans, Vikings and Bates Motel myself. He won't watch those no matter how much I tell him I love them and he should. @@ I also recently watched Parks & Rec, too, actually. lol

I'll have to check out Orphan Black, The Family & The Catch.

I should have added we have cable, Netflix & Amazon Prime, but he will only watch stuff we can binge watch and not anything current on cable.

mariewilcox 04-21-2016 04:52 PM

Check out Burn Notice and Leverage - both on Netflix. Most of my friends husbands/boyfriends really like those 2 as do my friends (and I!)

bexy 04-21-2016 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Traci Reed (Post 1062817812)
The family is excellent - and I LOVE The Catch so far too

YES - I've been loving The Catch too!!

YepBrook 04-21-2016 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Traci Reed (Post 1062817811)
I wouldn't say FTWD is better than TWD by ANY STRETCH OF THE IMAGINATION. But we do like and watch it.

Ditto.

DawnMarch 04-22-2016 02:12 PM

My hubby likes comedy and won't watch anything scary or gory which rules out most of the shows I watch (TWD, GOT, etc). We do like watching Modern Family, Brooklyn 99, Portlandia and then we watch some of the evening shows together when we have time like Colbert, Conan. We've also started watching The Detour, which kinda reminds me of National Lampoon Vacation. Jury is still out on that one since it's really new.

YepBrook 04-22-2016 03:09 PM

Shows we watch together:
Deadliest Catch
Last Man on Earth (sitcom... so dumb it's funny)
Better Call Saul (this is our fave... we watched Breaking Bad together and this show is based off of characters from that show)
Survivor
The Walking Dead
Fear of the Walking Dead (I personally don't love this show quite yet)
Big Brother (not watching now, but we watch it every summer... we find it to be brainlessly funny and we make bets about who will win)

TV shows we watched together that aren't airing anymore or we don't watch anymore:
Mad Men
Parenthood (I fizzled out)
LOST
Dexter
The Mindy Project
House of Cards (got too depressing for me)

TV shows I am *trying* to get him into and he likes 1/2 the time:
Parks & Recreation (I think it's hilarious)

BrattyMeg 04-22-2016 09:27 PM

Boyfriend and I just watched 11.22 on Hulu and it was pretty good

What about The Blacklist or Quantico? Both good :)