Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   A Sweet Little Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Summer Scrap Project (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=97312)

kristalund 06-20-2023 09:11 AM

Summer Scrap Project

This summer I am determined to complete my son's elementary school album.
Kindergarten is complete!!

https://vimeo.com/837914554

I think I have 4-5 more layouts for 1st Grade to finish.

What project would you like to complete this summer?

nesser1981 06-20-2023 09:26 AM

Love it Krista!

I need to finish 2022. I'm in August, and I actually finished December, so I only have a few pages in August to go and them September - November. Maybe once this graduation party is finished and our annual 4th of July trip, I'll have time to focus.

I'm actually making a odd goal for myself our our trip to take way less photos so I have less pages to scrap when we get back! LOL!

allyanne 06-20-2023 10:09 AM

I actually have a newborn photo shoot I did for my friend that I need to finish editing and send to her. I love taking the photos and making pages with the photos, but I can't seem to muster up the motivation to EDIT THE DANG PHOTOS.

I would like to finish up my 2022 albums, specifically all the summer & vacation photos from last year.

GOOD job finishing the kindergarten album, Krista!

kristalund 06-20-2023 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allyanne (Post 1063137144)
I actually have a newborn photo shoot I did for my friend that I need to finish editing and send to her. I love taking the photos and making pages with the photos, but I can't seem to muster up the motivation to EDIT THE DANG PHOTOS.
!

Editing is so time consuming, esp newborn photos!
Also organizing and archiving the photos takes a lot of time!

kristalund 06-20-2023 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nesser1981 (Post 1063137140)
Love it Krista!

I need to finish 2022. I'm in August, and I actually finished December, so I only have a few pages in August to go and them September - November. Maybe once this graduation party is finished and our annual 4th of July trip, I'll have time to focus.

I'm actually making a odd goal for myself our our trip to take way less photos so I have less pages to scrap when we get back! LOL!

I too need to finish PL 2022. I have 26 weeks left.

I hardly take my "big camera" on vacation with me anymore so I naturally take less photos. I even considered buying a better iPhone and getting a personal phone plan. My company supplies my phone but it is only an iPhone 12.

cherrygutz 06-20-2023 06:31 PM

That's awesome! I would love to finish my albums too. I have two road trips that I need to finish (I'm not even a quarter in!), and the pl!

tjscraps 06-20-2023 08:30 PM

My dad passed away in 2019. His computer and 17,000 back up drives are sitting in a closet for me to go through and figure out if there's photos on there we need or want, etc. I haven't gotten to it yet - at first it was too hard, and the last 18 months we've been dealing with significant health issues for hubby so just had head down bum up and I couldn't concentrate on a task that big. This summer I want to START working on getting all his photos together.

kristalund 06-20-2023 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tjscraps (Post 1063137195)
My dad passed away in 2019. His computer and 17,000 back up drives are sitting in a closet for me to go through and figure out if there's photos on there we need or want, etc. I haven't gotten to it yet - at first it was too hard, and the last 18 months we've been dealing with significant health issues for hubby so just had head down bum up and I couldn't concentrate on a task that big. This summer I want to START working on getting all his photos together.

I am sorry about your dad :( What a treasure all those photos are.

tjscraps 06-20-2023 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kristalund (Post 1063137203)
I am sorry about your dad :( What a treasure all those photos are.

Thank you <3 He gave me my love of photography and memory keeping.

Kiana 06-21-2023 08:03 AM

I don't do any scrapping projects. I just scrap whatever memories and moments we have in any order. Once I get around 100 pages and Shutterfly has free unlimited pages deal, then I print an album.