Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   A Sweet Little Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Software to scrap with? (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=89572)

Kiana 09-15-2018 01:57 PM

Software to scrap with?

So what software do you scrap with?

If you have Photoshop CC....do you recommend it?

biancka 09-15-2018 01:59 PM

Photoshop CC for me.....and I do recommend it :) I pay monthly for it and I love that you get all the updates etc. I know I'm always using the latest version. If you are not familiar with CC, it might take a while to get used to it but once you start using it, you do not want to use any other program ever :)

Kiana 09-15-2018 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biancka (Post 1062929917)
Photoshop CC for me.....and I do recommend it :) I pay monthly for it and I love that you get all the updates etc. I know I'm always using the latest version. If you are not familiar with CC, it might take a while to get used to it but once you start using it, you do not want to use any other program ever :)

Thank you. I'm coming from CS6....would there be a big learning curve to CC?

KristinCB 09-15-2018 02:20 PM

I think the photography plan (photoshop and lightroom for $10 per month) is sooo worth it! I don't think there is a learning curve from CS6 to CC. I change a few preferences but that's about it :)

Kiana 09-15-2018 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KristinCB (Post 1062929919)
I think the photography plan (photoshop and lightroom for $10 per month) is sooo worth it! I don't think there is a learning curve from CS6 to CC. I change a few preferences but that's about it :)

Perfect!!!!! Thanks:thumbup:

SeattleSheri 09-15-2018 02:42 PM

I agree with Kristin, there isn't much of a learning curve. Along that same vain, I'm not sure there are a ton of new features that make the incentive to upgrade to a monthly fee from something you already own worth it for most people using it solely for scrapping. You could always do a free trial before committing to see what you think.

ETA: the only reason I upgraded from CS5 to CC was because I had a ridiculously old version of LR and wanted the latest and greatest, so I ended up with the photography package. I use LR for almost every photo, so it was worth it for me.

KristinCB 09-15-2018 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeattleSheri (Post 1062929921)
I agree with Kristin, there isn't much of a learning curve. Along that same vain, I'm not sure there are a ton of new features that make the incentive to upgrade to a monthly fee from something you already own worth it for most people using it solely for scrapping. You could always do a free trial before committing to see what you think.

That's true too!I think I went from CS3 to the subscription plan.

Kiana 09-15-2018 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeattleSheri (Post 1062929921)

ETA: the only reason I upgraded from CS5 to CC was because I had a ridiculously old version of LR and wanted the latest and greatest, so I ended up with the photography package. I use LR for almost every photo, so it was worth it for me.

Thank you for your honesty. I actually want to learn Lightroom so it would be a perk for me. And if I ever want, I can always use CS6

g8rbeckie 09-15-2018 07:02 PM

another photographer plan subscriber here. i LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Lightroom! so I use Photoshop CC by default.

kim21673 09-15-2018 07:06 PM

I use PS CC here too! I have the $10 a month Photoshop CC and Lightroom. I have been using it since the subscriptions started. I am so glad I don't have to keep paying hundreds of dollars every time they come out with a new version!

Kiana 09-15-2018 09:18 PM

Thanks everyone~~~~~

biancka 09-16-2018 03:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~*Kiana*~ (Post 1062929918)
Thank you. I'm coming from CS6....would there be a big learning curve to CC?

No, not at all. I have used CS4, CS6 and now CC and found it really easy to upgrade every time :)

nietis 09-16-2018 08:09 AM

I am still using CS4 for now. I don't do much editing on my photos, so I never really look at using LR at all.

ChristineF 09-16-2018 10:17 AM

I switched from the PS C6 I think to the CC version a few years back and it wasn't much issue really. I've got the photography plan too and it works as it should.

Kiana 09-16-2018 10:57 AM

Thanks everyone. Does anyone here know with CC does it use the internet all the time even if you aren't backing up to the cloud?

SeattleSheri 09-16-2018 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~*Kiana*~ (Post 1062929960)
Thanks everyone. Does anyone here know with CC does it use the internet all the time even if you aren't backing up to the cloud?

I use it all of the time when I'm not on connected to the internet. I think you are only connected when it updates versions. HTH!