Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   A Sweet Little Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   March 6th - National Oreo Cookie Day (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=86581)

scrappinnewbie 03-06-2017 08:36 PM

March 6th - National Oreo Cookie Day

So I heard on the radio that today is National Oreo Cookie Day. It made me wonder.... Do you like Oreo's? Have you tried the various varieties? Do you have a favorite?

If you aren't an Oreo fan... what kinda store bought cookie is your most fav?

Inquiring minds want to know your cookie thoughts. :)

carrie1977 03-06-2017 08:48 PM

I heard that, too!

My kids eat a lot of the Double Stuft. I like the Thin Mint ones. We've tried some of the limited edition flavors. Some of them are ok. My kids do like the Cinnamon Bun ones. My daughter liked the Chocolate Strawberry. Red Velvet is meh. I'm trying to think of some of the other flavors we've tried....

kristalund 03-06-2017 08:53 PM

i do like oreos- traditional mostly!
i love cookies!!

GraceLee 03-06-2017 08:55 PM

I love cookies, including Oreos. We tried the candy corn ones last year. Too sweet for my husband; I liked them ok. Oreos are really good on cheesecakes and pizzas!

My favorite store-bought cookies though are the Milanos and Boston Creme by Pepperidge Farm.

scrappinnewbie 03-06-2017 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carrie1977 (Post 1062866890)
I heard that, too!

My kids eat a lot of the Double Stuft. I like the Thin Mint ones. We've tried some of the limited edition flavors. Some of them are ok. My kids do like the Cinnamon Bun ones. My daughter liked the Chocolate Strawberry. Red Velvet is meh. I'm trying to think of some of the other flavors we've tried....

I like the mint one too. The Candy Cane ones were a big hit at my house.

scrappinnewbie 03-06-2017 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GraceLee (Post 1062866893)
I love cookies, including Oreos. We tried the candy corn ones last year. Too sweet for my husband; I liked them ok. Oreos are really good on cheesecakes and pizzas!

My favorite store-bought cookies though are the Milanos and Boston Creme by Pepperidge Farm.

What?! Oreo's on pizza? We might have to try that! You are a pioneer! LOL

MamaBee 03-06-2017 09:31 PM

Oreos are pretty much the only store brought cookie that I like... haha..and oh so unhealthy...

YepBrook 03-06-2017 09:34 PM

I LOVE OREOS.

I love them so much that I almost never buy them, because if I did I would eat them all within a few days. I just have no self control when it comes to Oreos. So, sadly, I go without. :( When I do buy them, I just like the normal ones.

GraceLee 03-06-2017 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrappinnewbie (Post 1062866895)
What?! Oreo's on pizza? We might have to try that! You are a pioneer! LOL

Pizza Pie Cafe here (it's a pizza buffet place) has it and it's almost the only pizza I eat when I go:
http://pizzapiecafe.co/menu-items/oreo-pizza/

Here's a copy-cat recipe. I should just make it at home lol:
http://www.chef-in-training.com/2011...-cookie-dough/

nietis 03-06-2017 09:53 PM

My son loves Oreo; the original and the strawberry ones.
I don't really snack, so I don't eat them. :)

LeeAndra 03-06-2017 10:08 PM

I would do terrible things for peanut butter Oreos. :p

cherrygutz 03-06-2017 10:44 PM

I haven't tried other flavor other than vanilla and chocolate. My daughter likes it and sometimes I would take a cookie or two, but I like Chips Ahoy with fudge filing more.

KingsQueen82 03-06-2017 10:57 PM

I used to really love Oreos but I don't drink milk anymore and since dunking Oreos in milk is the only way for me, sadly I don't do Oreos anymore either. :(

carrie1977 03-06-2017 11:36 PM

Yes to the Peanut Butter! Oh...the birthday cake ones are yummy, too!

The caramel apple and pumpkin spice were no bueno.

chastml 03-06-2017 11:46 PM

We're a Double Stuf family. I like the thin mint ones and the golden lemon ones. My husband says the golden ones are not oreos, but they're not bad for lemon cookies. :D

Julie Billingsley 03-06-2017 11:58 PM

Just tried the Peeps Oreo today. It wasn't my fave since it has yellow cookies. I like the Double Stuffs best

renatasluis 03-07-2017 03:56 AM

I don't like them.my son does.
Im not much of a cookie eater

rdjrneace 03-07-2017 06:00 AM

Love the double stuff ones. I try not to eat to much sweets so they are definitely a treat every now and then

mariewilcox 03-07-2017 07:37 AM

On the rare occasion that I buy processed foods, we like the lemon oreos.

Captivated Visions 03-07-2017 08:12 AM

I don't think I've noticed that many varieties of them here in the UK, i've tried the mint ones which i thought were ok - I like the traditional ones and we can get them with the choc cream in the middle vs the white, i don't like the thins as much. Cadbury do a declicious Oreo chocolate bar - we bought a large one at the weekend and me and hubby have been having a few chunks each night and finished it off last night, naughty but nice!

mrsashbaugh 03-07-2017 10:20 AM

We hardly buy them...every now and then I'll buy them if they're on sale, which they are for $1.88 this week, so I got some. We love the double stuff ones and the whole family loves them so the bag is usually gone within a day. lol

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

kendallt 03-07-2017 10:43 AM

Oreos are okay, but they aren't my fave. Right now, we are in the midst of Girl Scout cookie season, and it's impossible to escape them. The troops are everywhere peddling their little boxes of crack! :p

I love All. The. Sweets. It's a real problem, considering I'm trying super hard to eat healthier and lose weight. Other than Girl Scout cookies, I think Mint Milanos are my fave. :wub:

carrie1977 03-07-2017 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kendallt (Post 1062866938)
Other than Girl Scout cookies, I think Mint Milanos are my fave. :wub:

Ooooh...I love the Mint Milanos...course, I'll eat just about any mint dessert or cookie. I have Thin Mints in my freezer that I'm trying to limit myself to. I'll eat a whole sleeve. By myself. :blink:

LynnZant 03-08-2017 11:35 AM

This past weekend I took an entire package of Mega Stuff Oreo's, shoved a stick in the white stuff, and dunked them in chocolate. I was told they were super sweet!

scrappinnewbie 03-08-2017 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LynnZant (Post 1062867043)
This past weekend I took an entire package of Mega Stuff Oreo's, shoved a stick in the white stuff, and dunked them in chocolate. I was told they were super sweet!

I bet they were! They are sweet without the extra chocolate. I'd definitely need some coffee to wash that down!

scrappinnewbie 03-08-2017 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kendallt (Post 1062866938)
Oreos are okay, but they aren't my fave. Right now, we are in the midst of Girl Scout cookie season, and it's impossible to escape them. The troops are everywhere peddling their little boxes of crack! :p

I love All. The. Sweets. It's a real problem, considering I'm trying super hard to eat healthier and lose weight. Other than Girl Scout cookies, I think Mint Milanos are my fave. :wub:

Oh yes... the little boxes of crack! I so agree! I've got a house full of them waiting for my GS's to sell them. The thin mints ALWAYS call me name. It takes strong willpower to not partake.

scrappinnewbie 03-08-2017 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeeAndra (Post 1062866903)
I would do terrible things for peanut butter Oreos. :p

Good to know... I haven't tried that flavor of them... and sounds like I shouldn't. I don't anything else sweet tempting me. I'm gonna tell myself they are gross...lol... so I can avoid the temptation.

But Nutter Butters...that is another one I should have avoided.

DawnMarch 03-09-2017 11:47 AM

I only really like 3 store-bought cookies: Oreos are my favorites, followed by Nutter Butters and then Milanos. I have a bit of an Oreo problem and my family knows that if they bring them home, they need to hide them from me. Seriously. :D