Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   A Sweet Little Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Qotd: How long does it take for you to scrap a layout? (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=87578)

Saar 09-23-2017 02:11 AM

Qotd: How long does it take for you to scrap a layout?

Hello everyone.
Did you see the new releases go live in the store? Doesn't it make you want to scrap?

I keep my next question quick and simple.
How long does it normally take for you to scrap a layout?

In my case... It depends. If I have a lot of inspiration and I know which kit and template I want to use, I can create a layout in an hour.
But if I can't find the right kit or template, it can take me 3 to 5 hours. I even redo a lot of my layouts that I want to print later on.

How about you? Are you a speed or a slow scrapper?

renatasluis 09-23-2017 03:32 AM

Half an hour to 1 hour

breeoxd 09-23-2017 01:53 PM

I work on many layouts at the same time over the course of a week. I get tons of ideas all at once it seems, then I open up a few papers and get the basics down and tweak all week until the next weekend. Ends up being around a layout a day but its lots of hours of 5 min here, ten there.

KingsQueen82 09-23-2017 03:43 PM

Haha no, Sarah, by the time new releases go live I'm excited to be done for the week! :P But I always go shopping and add stuff to my wishlist for when my mojo is back! :D

As far as how long it takes me to scrap.... it depends on if I have 'just the right photo' in mind or not! I spend more time looking for photos than actually scrapping I think! It used to take me 2+ hours to scrap a page, and I thought it was because I'm a cluster-er/layer-er but it turns out it was my slow and dying hard drive. HAHA... now I have a new, super fast solid state drive iMac and it takes me about 45 minutes to scrap a page. :)

LeeAndra 09-23-2017 04:46 PM

Probably between an hour and 2 hours. Having a template makes it go a lot faster usually.

nietis 09-24-2017 12:45 AM

One to two hours each page. :)

Kjersti 09-24-2017 02:15 AM

3-4 hours. I'm the slowest scrapper out there.

rach3975 09-24-2017 02:53 AM

3-4 hours for me, too. The more photos a layout has, the longer it takes me.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

tammybean04 09-24-2017 11:36 AM

Depends on if I am in the mood and things are working for me. If the mojo isn't flowing it can take me many, many attempts and lots of hours. When I am in the mood and have all the right things that make my mojo happy to be doing it's thing about 30-40 minutes or so, if I don't get distracted.

misfitinmn 09-24-2017 03:38 PM

Do I need to include the hours I spend mindlessly surfing social media and Pinterest? Without those, probably like 2ish hours each. Including those, like 3 days. :blink:

joelsgirl 09-24-2017 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by misfitinmn (Post 1062886555)
Do I need to include the hours I spend mindlessly surfing social media and Pinterest? Without those, probably like 2ish hours each. Including those, like 3 days. :blink:

Yes. This. I've often amazed how much faster I scrap when I turn the Internet off!

Normally a layout takes me 2 hours, but lately it's taking me a few days. I think I use all my brain power on real life, so when I sit down to scrap, it stresses me out to have to make decisions, like which flowers to use or where to put my papers.

SeattleSheri 09-24-2017 09:11 PM

I have a really wide variance. Some pages I can whip together pretty quickly - 30 minutes, but others I work on for days and spend hours on. It really depends on whether I have a vision and how complex the design is. My average is probably 2 hours (but while multi-tasking).

roxana 09-24-2017 10:23 PM

Half an hour up to hour and a half, it mostly depends on how many pics I use as it takes me more time to edit them than the LO itself.

anelia 09-25-2017 01:32 AM

It depends but it's no less than an hour. Some of my layouts I start and then set aside because I need time to think about the composition...then I return to them with my mind made up and I finish them :) so it all depends!

kristalund 09-25-2017 09:54 AM

30 min to an hour

Neverland Scraps 09-25-2017 08:38 PM

It depends if I can sit down and scrap or if I'm hopping up from the computer doing other things around the house.

If I'm sitting down and focused on scrapping, I can scrap a layout in less than 30-minutes. If I'm bouncing around, it can take me several hours or even several days!