Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   A Sweet Little Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Template designers (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=88702)

anelia 03-13-2018 03:20 AM

Template designers

I have a little request to all template designers - can you, please, try to include a jpg version (700x700px) of each template in a pack? I know there's a folder image but I'd really love to be able to fast preview the templates before I open the psd or tiff. This would be especially handy with mega packs.

Thanks very much! :)

Saar 03-13-2018 04:02 AM

I label all my templates Anelia.
Single1 for single layouts with 1 journal spot, single2 for single layouts with 2 journal spots, double10 for 2page spreads with 10 journal spots... etc... If I search on single1, I get all template that fit that category.

anelia 03-13-2018 04:06 AM

That's a great tip Sarah but I would still appreciate jpg previews :) I know some designers do include them and I find it really useful :)

LynnZant 03-13-2018 07:18 AM

I'm visual also. I have all Cindy's jpegs in a preview folder so I can see them, and it makes finding the right one quick and easy.

biancka 03-13-2018 08:27 AM

That is why I love tiff files.....I can already see the template in my folders. If the designer doesnt include tiff files, I convert the psd files to tiff files and delete the psd files :)

biancka 03-13-2018 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anelia (Post 1062911315)
That's a great tip Sarah but I would still appreciate jpg previews :) I know some designers do include them and I find it really useful :)

I think you can convert psd to jpg in Photoshop with a script....so you can make your own previews from the templates you already have. I am updating photoshop right now but I can always check if you can change the size of the jpg as well.

biancka 03-13-2018 08:38 AM

Just checked Photoshop and you can convert your psd files into seperate previews. Just go to.....

file, scripts, image processor...

https://i.imgur.com/NA1R9ro.jpg

you can also create a seperate folder where you store all the previews. Hope this works for you :)

carrie1977 03-13-2018 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biancka (Post 1062911321)
That is why I love tiff files.....I can already see the template in my folders. If the designer doesnt include tiff files, I convert the psd files to tiff files and delete the psd files :)

Same :thumbup:

nietis 03-13-2018 09:16 AM

I am with Biancka here about TIFF files, but there's more... that's why I love my iMac! It can automatically recognise psd files!

YepBrook 03-13-2018 09:36 AM

Not sure if the other ladies said anything about this, but in my packs the 'folder' image is a .jpg file. It is simply named 'folder' so that the computer will display that particular image on the folder icon when you are looking through your templates. I don't include a preview and a folder image, because it would essentially be adding the same thing twice. You can rename the image to anything you like if you don't want it to be a 'folder' image. Hope this helps.

Also! In the PNG's folder there is a flattened preview of each template in the pack, also.

I will consider putting previews of each individual template in a separate folder. I haven't ever included them because I try to make my file sizes as small as possible. But I can see how if you can't see them as TIFF's on your computer it might be helpful. Thanks for the suggestion.

craftytam 03-13-2018 10:20 AM

I only use TIFF so I can preview it before I use it without needing the extra JPEG file.

Sarah, that's a fantastic idea!! LOL!... another thing to add to my to-do list!

Neverland Scraps 03-13-2018 12:07 PM

Quote:

That's what I use, tiff files because then you can see everything. I've been slowly converting all my .psd files over to .tiff files so it's just one file.

I'll admit, if I have the .jpg with my .tiff, more than often I'm opening the .jpg and getting mad that I can't edit the layers! :glare::blink::w00t:

carrie1977 03-13-2018 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps (Post 1062911335)
That's what I use, tiff files because then you can see everything. I've been slowly converting all my .psd files over to .tiff files so it's just one file.

I'll admit, if I have the .jpg with my .tiff, more than often I'm opening the .jpg and getting mad that I can't edit the layers! :glare::blink::w00t:

Haha! I'm guilty of this, too. Now, I just delete the jpg files.

Leablahblah 03-13-2018 12:41 PM

Quote:

Same here! I can see the tiff files as preview. I have a PC. Maybe it’s different for Mac.

ellasspace 03-13-2018 01:16 PM

Quote:

Exactly I use them as my preview :p

Rubia Padilha 03-13-2018 01:26 PM

And even better most of the .tiff files are waaaaaayyyy smaller than .psd ones. So keep the .tiff ones and delete the .psd, girls. hah

anelia 03-13-2018 04:07 PM

Thanks everyone! :)
I might be old school but I delete the tiff files because they're compressed and they save slower ;) I also don't use them for previewing purposes because they open directly in Photoshop and it's slower than opening a small jpg in the image preview app where I can also use the arrows to browse through all the templates (images) in a folder. I'm both on PC and Mac but mostly scrap on my PC. I guess everything depends on one's personal preferences and habits :)
I know how to convert/save as but it does take time when you have like 5 or 10 temps in a folder ;)

Neverland Scraps 03-13-2018 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anelia (Post 1062911363)
I might be old school but I delete the tiff files because they're compressed and they save slower ;) I also don't use them for previewing purposes because they open directly in Photoshop and it's slower than opening a small jpg in the image preview app where I can also use the arrows to browse through all the templates (images) in a folder. I'm both on PC and Mac but mostly scrap on my PC. I guess everything depends on one's personal preferences and habits :)
I know how to convert/save as but it does take time when you have like 5 or 10 temps in a folder ;)

I totally understand!! There are days I wait a couple of seconds (atleast 30-seconds) for my tiff files to save. At the end of the layout, it can take a few minutes . I do miss those days when I used the .psd files and they saved almost instantly. Maybe that's why i save less while scrapping because I hate waiting!

biancka 03-14-2018 04:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anelia (Post 1062911363)

it hardly takes any time when you use my method with the script. probably 1 or 2 minutes and the psd files are converted to jpg files.

anelia 03-14-2018 04:57 AM

I'll try it, Biancka. Thanks a lot :)

biancka 03-14-2018 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anelia (Post 1062911407)
I'll try it, Biancka. Thanks a lot :)

You are welcome......converting one by one is a pain but since I found this converter option, it has become 100 times easier :)