Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   A Sweet Little Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   I'm back and don't know where to start! (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90216)

Jennilyn 02-02-2019 08:16 PM

I'm back and don't know where to start!

Hi all! It's been about 4 years since I've been here and scrapped a page. since 2014 I went through a separation, divorce, moving myself & my 2 daughters 1800km to be with my boyfriend, and am now getting married to him on September 14th! The laptop I had was also terribly slow, but my Fiancé got me a new one for my birthday in a few weeks (Dell Inspiron 7558 with HD, touchscreen & can turn into a tablet) so now I can get back to scrapping! I am so out of touch though. I tried to start a page today but everything seemed like it might be out of date, so I didn't save it. :unsure: guess I'll have to take a look around!

craftytam 02-02-2019 08:21 PM

Hi Jennifer! Welcome back!
A great place to start would be with the February Passport challenge. It's a good month to come back because it's SSD's birthday, so there is a game a day!
Those are both in the forum :)

Neverland Scraps 02-02-2019 08:23 PM

You sure have closed some chapters of your life and opened a lot of new ones! Congratulations on your upcoming wedding and new laptop--that's awesome in of themselves!!

I'm so glad you've found your way back to Sweet Shoppe Designs!!

When you said, " I tried to start a page today but everything seemed like it might be out of date, so I didn't save it" What did you mean? Like your shadows, composition, etc. Or are you talking about your scrapbooking program?

kristalund 02-02-2019 08:55 PM

Welcome BACK!!!

jacinda 02-02-2019 09:06 PM

That's a face I remember! Welcome back! When it comes to personal scrapping, you do what feels right for you. It doesn't matter how old the kit it, or how you shadow. If it makes you happy then it's all good. We have lots of tutorials to help you build your skills, and everyone is super helpful if you need anything. Great to see you at SSD again :)

kelley 02-02-2019 09:22 PM

Welcome back!! I know how you feel...until this year I was kind of hiatus for the last couple years for the most part and also had some major life changes. What got me back into the groove was definitely jumping right into the Passport challenges!! Seriously fun and will get the mojo flowing again. Glad you are back :)

lorigaud 02-02-2019 09:38 PM

Welcome back! I took a few years off at one point when my kids were younger, and got back into it when the time was right. Just get scrapping and before long, it will seem like you never left!

SeattleSheri 02-02-2019 09:40 PM

Welcome back!

nietis 02-03-2019 03:51 AM

Welcome back, Jenni! I remember you!
Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!
I am looking forward to see your pages on the gallery soon. Do join the fun on our new Passport challenges.

Gemma 02-03-2019 04:13 AM

Welcome back, I remember your username :)

Join in the passport, browse the gallery to inspire you because there's so many awesome pages in there AND you came back at the right time because there's a birthday sale on ;) I can't wait to see your pages again!

rach3975 02-03-2019 11:40 AM

Welcome back! I was on your CT back when you were designing. I'm glad to hear that things are going well.

If you have any kits that you like and want to scrap with, then start by picking one of those and a template or a layout to scraplift. If everything looks dated to you then treat yourself to a few new things while the sale is going on. Although I love the challenges here, if I'd just come back to scrapping I think I'd need to scrap photos that really inspired me and spend time slowly refamiliarizing myself rather than jumping in to challenges on day 1.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Jennilyn 02-03-2019 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps (Post 1062944688)
When you said, " I tried to start a page today but everything seemed like it might be out of date, so I didn't save it" What did you mean? Like your shadows, composition, etc. Or are you talking about your scrapbooking program?

I mean the techniques or "looks", like the worn paper look or ripped cardboard, etc.

I'm thinking I'll take a look in the gallery then treat myself to some new designs. :)

Leablahblah 02-03-2019 02:30 PM

welcome back! You can start with the freebies offered in the shop :)

Neverland Scraps 02-03-2019 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jennilyn (Post 1062944851)
I mean the techniques or "looks", like the worn paper look or ripped cardboard, etc.

I'm thinking I'll take a look in the gallery then treat myself to some new designs. :)

Yes, the gallery is an AMAZING place to visit! The Passport Challenges is really good for helping us think outside of the box and sometimes getting started!!

Yes to treating to new designs!! With Sweet Shoppe's birthday, their 40% off sale is an AWESOME way to treat yourself! Make sure you check out the Free Samples 2019 category in the store--it's a great way to try a designer out that might be new to you!

https://www.sweetshoppedesigns.com/n...-2019-sale.png

kendallt 02-03-2019 03:17 PM

Welcome back! I can totally relate to taking a break during a divorce. I did the same thing. Congrats on your upcoming marriage. You picked a great time to return with all the fun stuff going on during SSD's birthday month! ;)

craftytam 02-03-2019 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jennilyn (Post 1062944851)

You definitely chose a great time to shop!! 40% off is a fantastic deal!