View Single Post
Old 01-02-2015, 09:22 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

The only thing I do to entice them to do their chores, is when they come home from school they are not allowed to do anything else until their chores (and homework) are done. My boys are 7, 9 and 12 and have been doing chores for years (smaller things for the younger ones and building up as they get older, but always the same number for each). They are major gamers though, so if they want all the gaming time they are allowed to have in a day they don't put up a fuss (then again they never really did as they were taught very young that fussing is not allowed in our home). So maybe rather than adding 'more time' to the things that they like, put a stipulation that they can't do what they like until their work is done... I'm sure they'll still fuss, BUT if they do it without fussing then they can get a 'bonus' treat or extra game time. My kids were quickly heading down the wrong path as their father was raised to think that "Mom does everything" and their grandfather treats her the same way..... that just wasn't going to fly with me and I put an end to their "old school ways" with my boys.