View Single Post
Old 06-10-2017, 12:13 AM
The Ghost of Awesome Past

profile gallery send pm

wow Dawn those notes are crazy and passive-aggressive!

I have 3 neighbors. My neighbor on the right is a 60 year old guy that bought the house just last year. He is a retired aeronautical engineer and is super smart and friendly. He only lives there part of the year because he also has a house in California. He is the kind of guy that will see you doing yard work and will come over to help. We love him. LOL

The neighbors across the street is a family of a mom and dad around 50 years old and their 4 adult sons that still live with them. They are friendly and we've taken care of their house several times when they have gone camping. Their downside is that they have 6 cars (one for each of them) and they pretty much take over the whole street with their cars.

Our neighbor on the left was an older lady with dementia. She was very obsessed with her lawn and was always out doing yardwork. She would complain about our yard all the time. And she would try to start crazy arguments like she kept coming over to our house to tell us that our male cat was a female. Uh, no he isn't. Or complain that we hired someone to tear up her driveway... no, that was the cable company laying down new cable. Anyway, it was sad. She passed away last summer and now her adult daughter lives there. I don't know her at all because she keeps to herself.

We have lived here 14 years and bought the house because it's near an elementary school and hoped that meant it would be close to lots of kids close to my son's age. But sadly, no, it's all adults with older or no kids. I would love to move to a close-knit neighborhood.