View Single Post
Old 06-19-2017, 11:18 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I run the communications for a local non-profit and need to have an uncomfortable conversation tomorrow with the executive director about some 'powers' I gave another volunteer that he has some kind of personal beef with (and she with him). I met with her tonight and am giving her the chance to prove herself without needing to get permission from the executive director for every little thing.

He loves to have everything go through him, even when it doesn't need to, and it's just irritating to have to do so when we're all grown adults and some of us have a level of knowledge and expertise that he does not have and freely admits to not having. I will need to frame the conversation in such a way that it doesn't seem like I'm circumventing him, even though I am, and that I'm actually freeing up some time in his schedule to do other things that he does enjoy and is good at.

I sit on the board of directors so I'm not his boss but at the same time the 'powers' I've given out fall directly under my jurisdiction as communications chair so... we'll see how things shake out tomorrow night!