View Single Post
Old 04-07-2019, 12:41 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rach3975 View Post
I love decorating with family photos! In addition to a few photos here and there, there are 4 spaces where photos are the main decoration.

1. Above our couch there is a grouping of 4 10x14's. I just printed 2 more so we can expand it to 6 frames, since we got a new, longer couch. We've only had them up a year so I haven't changed any yet. It's a mix of old and new photos. The "old" ones from when the kids were little I probably won't change out, but there are some "current" photos that I'll probably change every year or two.

Above our fireplace I have the kids' 8x10 school photos. Those get changed yearly.

Above our bed I have 3 older group photos of the 3 kids. I haven't changed them since I hung them (7 years ago?) but I was just thinking yesterday that they needed to be updated.

Finally, I have 2 large magnet boards in the family room. Each one has an 8x10 and 4 5x7's. I had lofty goals to swap photos out every few months, but I haven't been good about getting photos printed for it. The current ones have been there about a year, and I'll either update them all over April break or once work ends for the summer. There are a few there that won't get changed, like the one of me and DH while we were dating and the one of his parents, who have passed away. This is what the magnet boards look like, since they're probably the only one hard to picture:

(All the photos should have white borders, but I messed that up when I ordered the most recent group of 5x7's.)
I LOVE that you got a new, longer couch to go with your photos, Rachel!! That made me smile