View Single Post
Old 02-28-2020, 02:46 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

What do you like about spring? I especially like the beginning of spring, when all the trees are starting to bud and the bulbs are coming up. There are a lot of Bradford pear trees around here (we don't have one), and those are my favorites, because they bud, then flower - a white flower, then the leaves start out a very light green and change to a medium green -- changes can often be seen daily!
What is spring like in your area? The first signs are usually sometime in February. Temperatures are usually mid-60s for the highs and mid-40s for the lows at night. And the storms are usually intense!
Do you have any parks or botanical gardens nearby? We have a nice park about two streets behind us -- it's just trees and a couple of little bridges with a small creek. It's great for walking or little kids riding their tricycles. We have other small parks with a few pieces of playground equipment around my neighborhood. Sadly, we do not have any botanical gardens nearby. I think the closest one is about 25 miles from us.
Do you have a favorite flower? Yes - the rose. I've loved them ever since I was a little girl. I especially love those that are cut from a bush because the scents are divine! The roses in flower arrangements almost never have a scent -- it's disappointing.
Do you have a garden? No, but I'm thinking I may want to have an herb garden.