Thread: gmail questions
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2023, 06:43 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default gmail questions

Hi. Since I've been having issues receiving SSD emails, newsletters, etc lately, I "broke down" and made/acquired a gmail address. I did it on my iPhone yesterday. Seems to be working okay. But, I'd like to figure out how to access the emails while on my laptop.

Currently, when I access my usual emails, I open my Chrome browser which is set to open up the AT&T Yahoo window which has a place to click for MAIL. That takes me to my emails from my good old email address that I've had from Bellsouth for over 20 years, I believe. lol I want that easy access (to the Bellsouth emails) to stay. So how do I get to the gmail emails? Anyone know? I clicked on something last night and it seemed to act like it was going to update my usual/long-standing email address to the new gmail one and make the new gmail one the "main" one. I don't want to make it the main one, so I backed out of there. Ugh. This is part of why I've just stuck to my old address forever.

It looks like I can, from my phone, forward gmail emails (such as download links from SSD) to my bellsouth acct then open the bellsouth emails on my computer to do the downloads. It seems it would be easier to go straight to the gmail emails on my computer, though.

Any tips? I suppose in many ways I am old-fashioned, stuck in my ways and/or technologically challenged.

Thanks for any suggestions.