View Single Post
Old 10-26-2023, 07:28 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Hugs, Angie! I just got back from Cancun and as someone who isn't the weight I'd like to be, I was intimidated at first about wearing my swimsuit (for the first time in years) and going to the beach. I had someone tell me before I went that no one is surprised by how you look in your swimsuit. You just need to put it on and go have fun. That really helped my mindset and I ended up having a wonderful time playing in the delightful water and just enjoying the beach with my daughter. I hope you can find some joy there as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by angiekey View Post
Kristin, I love that you're looking for those small points of light in the dark. I'm struggling with it myself right now.

So, I'm trying to actively look for the good in the bad. My oldest niece is getting married in Cancun in early December. Tons of pressure on my mom to go; my dad can't because of security reasons with his job, which has her scared out of her mind. So we're going with her. I'm dreading the family drama, being "the fat aunt", and my list goes on ... I'm trying to focus on the fact that we're going to be at an all-inclusive resort on the beach for 5 days.

I get to make my dress for the wedding, which is a positive amidst the negative. My niece wants everyone to dress according to her color palette - dusty rose pink, light greyish blue, sage green, and a light camel tan - none of which look good on me. I researched for months to try and find something that would work. But I finally found a sage green foiled jersey at Mood Fabric and ordered 5 yards of it. And I'm going to make myself a stunning maxi-length gown with a knot top, dramatic angel sleeves, and draped skirt.

And even though I'm miserably nauseous from a new medication each time they increase the dose, as of yesterday I'm down 19.7 pounds. One more "good" amidst the miserable bad.