View Single Post
Old 11-24-2023, 11:03 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Default Thanksgiving Grazing and Traditions.

As I mentioned in another post, most of my family has become tired of our traditional Thanksgiving meal and, as a family, we have grown to the point that we don't all fit around the table, or even in the same room, anymore.

We're talking about how to do it differently next year and I can't help but think of the beautiful grazing table that Robin did for her daugther's wedding. How would you tweek that for Thanksgiving?

Frankly, my family likes to snack more at Thanksgiving than eat the actual meal, so I am sure it would suit us better, but not sure how some members, mostly my brother, would feel about losing the traditional feel and dishes of it.

Which brings up another subject/question. If you aren't feeling something anymore, do you really have to keep doing it because it is a "tradition." Maybe I am not as sentimental as I should be, but doing things because, and only because, they are traditional drives me crazy. I hate going to a lot of work just to do something I don't really enjoy and Thanksgiving is a lot of work.

What do you think about holding on to traditions just because they are traditions?