View Single Post
Old 04-10-2024, 11:03 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I love the Sweet Shoppe. I love our community, and I love the idea of building it into an even tighter-knit group.

When posting at TLP, I liked the ease of being able to dialogue with people who commented on my layouts. They'd post a comment, and I could hit "reply" right there and either answer their questions or start a conversation. I love the tradition here at SSD of reciprocating for their comment by commenting on one of their layouts, but it's sort of ... disconnected.

It's also significantly easier to post layouts and their links in the forum on a Xenforo platform, because the sample code is provided on the layout page. One version lets you post the layout with link; another lets you post a thumbnail of the layout with link. We can certainly post layouts and link to them here at SSD, and for those of us who have been doing it forever, it's just a couple of steps and we hardly have to think about it ... but the learning curve for newer users is a little steeper than it otherwise could be.

It's fantastic news that the historical gallery can be ported over!!! If you wind up deciding to make the move, just let me know what I can do to help behind the scenes with testing or migrating data or what-not - I'm all yours!