View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 04:28 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I've tried having a schedule, but right now the external demands on me (appointments, volunteering at the kids' schools, errands, etc.) vary too much from day to day for a weekly schedule to work. Sunday is always grocery shopping because DH puts the kids to bed that night while I shop, and I do the bulk of my cleaning and errands on the 3 mornings that my youngest is in preschool.

I'm most on top of things during the phases of our life when my schedule has been consistent enough to allow for a weekly cleaning routine, but those have also been periods when I am home more than usual and can devote more time to housework. The schedule does help because I'm less likely to procrastinate the chores I don't like; I need to figure out something that will work better than what I'm doing (or not doing, LOL) right now.

ETA: My biggest cleaning problem is that the things that need to be done daily (cooking, cleaning the kitchen, and straightening the house) and several times a week (like laundry) are eating up too much time, so I'm not good at getting to the things that need to be done less frequently.

Last edited by rach3975; 02-25-2013 at 04:33 PM.