Thread: perimenopause?
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2013, 02:26 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBee View Post
ugh... this is a topic that I'm in denial... I have more of the mood swings and irregular periods (which as a person who has been trying for number 2, can cause massive depression)... and some other symptoms for the last number of years... probably since I had J so that would have put me in early 30's. My doctor said that until my symptoms really bother me, is when we would do something about it.
I feel your frustration! I am pretty sure I started having signs of perimenopause right after I had my son. I was 31. We have been TTC another since he was 2 years old (so I was 33) and have had no success. It's been 6 years now so I don't have hope left.

I go through stages where my period is regular and where it is absolutely crazy (either I don't have one for months or I bleed for months on end and have massive clotting and 'flooding' issues combined with severe iron drops and other health problems). I have had hot flashes since I was pregnant with my first baby at 27 so I can't call that a symptom. I still get them, but not night sweats, just hot flashes during the day, often in the car which leads me to believe it has to do with my motion sickness.

I have no idea of family history. The women in my family all had hysterectomies by the time they were 30.