View Single Post
Old 04-19-2010, 05:16 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I'm from the "if it doesn't work, they're not ready" school of thought. With my oldest, we potty trained her in a day when she was 2 1/2 (she had to be dry before starting pre-school, it was when we lived in England). We just told her no more nappies, and that was it, no accidents. Last summer I was going to do the same with my youngest, we tried in June (she turned 3 the following September). 5 accidents in about 2 hours later, and I gave up that project. We waited until the end of July, tried again, and she was dry in a day. I honestly think she just wasn't ready the first time. A week later we had run out of pull-ups for bedtime, so I figured I'd try to let her go to bed without one (I was too tired to run to the store), and it was fine - no accidents.

Hang in there - I'm sure he'll figure it out. Some people say if you push too hard too soon it takes longer, although I have no idea if there's any truth in that. In DD's nursery there are a few boys who are coming up to 4 and not dry yet, but noone seems to think that's unusual.