View Single Post
Old 06-30-2010, 04:57 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by carriesmom View Post
The Thursday Next series by Jasper Fforde, my favorite book series. They are literary based, kind of sci-fi, really cool and fun. Sort of in the vein of Harry Potter.
Liz - I saw your LO a few months ago about these books (I think for one of the what are you reading challenges?) and picked them up and really enjoyed them. Until now, I couldn't remember whose LO it was. I thought they were quirky and a little fun. The first one started a little slow, but then I got sucked in - they were fun reads.

I really liked The Help - I couldn't put it down, although I don't know if I'd consider it light reading. It's not a difficult read, but some of the injustices it portrays make you so mad that you just want to get with someone else who has read it to talk about how much you hated some of the characters.

In a completely different vein, I just read 'The Red Pyramid' by Rick Riordan (the author of the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series). It's for a young adult audience, but it was an easy entertaining read.