View Single Post
Old 07-27-2011, 09:25 AM
Brodo gettin her Swerb on

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to ColleenSwerb

I think this is something that Jordan and I will really have to work on once we have kids. Jordan is his father's clone and there is no middle ground with them. His temper goes from 0 to 60 in 0.5 seconds. And since he's always right, you're always wrong, and he's VERY quick point that out.

I don't mind arguing or disagreements or fighting. I actually really like that we can argue and get it out, and come back together afterwards and it's ok. All of my previous relationships were the total opposite because I bit my tongue and held everything in (and that was awful awful awful). My biggest issue with Jordan's fighting is his name calling. If I start to disagree with him, he immediately goes to name calling and putting me down. When he does that I shut down, which only makes him even more angry. Every time it happens, when it's over, I tell him again that he has no right to call me names like that and he apologizes. We're working on it, lol.

I just really don't want the name calling to happen in front of the kids. I don't think it's right or fair or appropriate. We're adults, we can use our words and have a disagreement without resorting to that. Or at least we should be able to anyway, lol.

My parents disagreed in front of us, but never the big ones. Those happened between closed doors. But they often made up in the kitchen (random memory) so we knew things were ok.