View Single Post
Old 05-02-2012, 09:25 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcy Baldwin View Post
Lex - by the time W7 came around, the number of fonts didn't effect things the way it did in previous versions. However, 600 is a lot You need an organizer ROFL

Sharon - occasionally a font and Photoshop can have an unhealthy relationship and become very passive-aggressive towards each other. It helps to separate the two and send them into their own corners to cool down a bit LOL

If rebooting hasn't helped, uninstall the latest fonts that you've installed, reboot, and try again.

The other thing to check is where your scratch disks are going to and how much space is being dedicated to it. If it's too little, it'll just bog down because it can't send those temp files anywhere.
I haven't even messed with preferences on CS3 since I installed it on this new laptop ... it's set at 54% of RAM, scratch disk (C) has 247GB, history states 26, cache 6, enable 3D acceleration is checked.

I honestly don't remember actually INSTALLING a font in the last month ... I generally "load" them through Font Xplorer.

I generally power down my computer every night except in the case of last night when I was running different things like virus scan at a certain time, and defrag (which it didn't need).

Ok Darcy I could use some guidance here (or pointing me to right spot on the web) ... somewhere I remember seeing a "do not uninstall these fonts" page ... it appears upon boot up of CS3 I do have some fonts loaded that are "extras" although not near as many as on my old laptop. I would like to take off all but the necessary fonts to make things run (plus maybe 10 favorites that I would like to install).

To my knowledge (looking at the list that showed up when I rebooted my computer and opened up CS3) ... there are probably only a dozen extra at most ... because most of them I don't recognize as ones I downloaded (unless they were for challenges here at SSD).

I have my extra fonts in a folder on my C drive ... that is where I go to temporarily load fonts during CS3.

I use Font Xplorer and just load and unload my fonts (although I have a rather LARGE folder that has ONLY just your fonts that I load 98% of the time) ... if I tell it to "load" one of your fonts... it seems to load them all for that particular session of CS3 ... should I break your font folder down to smaller ... or use a different font organizer that would only "load" the particular font that I tell it to load???

Oh jeesh this discussion reminds me that I bought some custom fonts from you quite awhile back and the boys never did get them drawn up ... I am post-a-noting that right now and attaching to my extra monitor screen ... I totally forgot with all the school stuff going on this year!

Thanks for all the help!!!