View Single Post
Old 05-21-2018, 01:44 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Its been a few days. On Friday, one of our friends offered to take my youngest to the bounce park for two hours. She ended up keeping him from 10 until 5pm. When she brought him home, he searched the house and cried when he couldn't find his kitty. It was sad. But he's getting over it and not crying nearly as much.

The oldest went to school on Friday. Refused to talk to me. Sometime around Saturday afternoon she started talking to me and by Sunday she talked to me about the cat. She's really sad. Trying to hold it all in and "suck it up", but I know she's hurting.

The middle, she stayed home on Friday because she was in my bed until 2am crying. I finally got her calmed down and she fell asleep around 3:30. When she woke up to go to school, she kept breaking down and sobbing. We decided it best to keep her home so she wasn't a distraction to the other students and they didn't have to deal with her. Instead she helped with the yard sale and then after the yard sale, she helped me destroy all of Ahsoka's toys, cat litters and scratching post. She sobbed while we broke it down, but I think it was good for her. Saturday she cried a little. But by Sunday she was able to talk with little tears.

I think slowly we are all starting to get over the loss of the kitten. Now we clean and sterilize the house of the virus so if another kitten comes in to the home, they won't be exposed to it. After a month or so, we can think about getting a new kitten. But I'm not sure if we will do that or wait until we find out what's going on for next May (my husband will have to re-enlist and will probably come down on orders to move). Either way, it'll be a hot minute before we get a new kitty in the house, but we will eventually. Ahsoka showed us how much we could love a kitten and it's something we want to do again!

Thank you all for the prayers and the support. It's been an emotional week and weekend. But I told my girls this week is the LAST week of school and it's going to be a good week. We'll try to stay positive this week, while keeping her memory alive in our hearts!