View Single Post
Old 06-03-2012, 04:20 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristinCB View Post
I am BIG on like the nostalgia factor. When I was little - I'd say around 9 or 10 I thought it was all grown up and so I gave away all of my childhood books (except for my disney collection and another collection about manners and such - good books btw haha) anyways I gave them away to neighbours (who I don't think ever appreciated it) and I regret that SO much. I would have loved to have all my books for my kids to have and read so I am not giving away the kids books I have just incase you never know right? Maybe one day my grandkids would want them..

So then I wonder about my books now. I have been really big lately on wanting to simplify my life and house and so I just want to get rid of the clutter but then the whole nostalgic thing has me wondering. Maybe i'll just save my favorites and box them up and the rest I'll see about donating to the library
I'm pretty nostalgic myself. That's why we hoard kids' books. Right after I graduated high school we moved from Arizona to Kansas. I had to get rid of all of my books. I hated that and it wasn't long before I started recollecting the same books I had gotten rid of. My daughter reads them now.

I am also nostalgic about the kids' stuff. Over the years when I was young we moved a lot and we didn't have a lot of room at times to keep things so I had to purge pretty often (or it was done for me) and there are things I regret getting rid of so I have a tendency to hold on to my kids' stuff far too long because I don't want to regret getting rid of it or have them be upset about it.

Truth is though, we can't keep everything and I am trying to be more simplistic with my approach so I am trying to get rid of more and more.