View Single Post
Old 01-07-2011, 07:24 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Update on my SIL and the twins

Just got home and ate dinner, having been at the hospital since Wednesday evening. I'm tired, so forgive me if I ramble.

Original thread is here.

Cassi, the momma, is doing much, much better. We went up to see her before we left and she's talking about her job, asking the right questions, etc. She still struggles with her memory, but it's getting better. She remembers being pregnant, but doesn't have any memory of giving birth to the twins. For awhile, she didn't even remember being pregnant with them, but now she does and is talking about what having 3 kids 2 and under will mean for them, so it's coming back to her. She had me laughing today and I'm thrilled for her. She'll probably get to go home within the next week or so. Due to the seizures, she can't be alone for quite awhile so it's a lot of stress on my BIL, but I think they see it settling down.

Little Ryder, who is in the special care unit, is a rock star. He's a week old today and drinking an ounce at every feeding and his temp regulation is so good they're going to take him out of the isolette. I think he'll be out within a week or so, too. He's right around 4 lbs.

I've been staying with McCoy, and I'm going through some serious baby withdrawals right now. Also seriously sleep deprived. It's one thing when your own baby is up every 3 hours through the night, but I didn't have that whole new mommy adrenaline thing. I've probably had 8 hours over 2 nights, so I'll edit photos and then get some sleep here soon. Hopefully they got him up to see his mom today. I'll get to see him again tomorrow and then he'll go home (his momma's family is going to take care of him) so I know I'll be missing him.

Your prayers are so appreciated. I think they're all turning a corner, and seeing the sun start to shine.

Here's a quick photo of me with the twins today. Ryder is on the left.