View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 07:46 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacey42 View Post
I have a schedule but I am inherently lazy so I therefor both need a schedule & never feel bad if I fail to stick to it.

Basically I mop on Tues & Fri, do laundry on Wed & Sat, clean bathrooms on Mon & Thurs and sweep every day. I work my way around the house during the week, one room at a time, there are only 5 rooms plus the bathrooms so Thurs-Sun I do a room a day, dragging in the help of whoever else uses the room. The kitchen gets a general clean pretty much every day after supper.

I could never manage flylady because DH does the dishes so I have no control over the state of my sink. He also gets up after I am gone so I can't control the bed being made.
You can still follow FlyLady without doing the sink thing. Believe me. When I first found and started FlyLady we didn't even HAVE a sink! I did my dishes in the bath tub back then. No shiny sink for me. The advice she gives if the sink is a problem is to find something to serve as your shiny sink... something that motivates you when you see it nice and clean. As for the bed... my bed is never made. I don't worry about it. I get up and a little more than an hour later DH goes to bed. He gets up and it's probably 4 hours before I am back in bed. No reason to make it.