View Single Post
Old 05-02-2010, 10:08 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

One Point Tasks - 20 Primary Points Possible

1 - Lift a layout by Denise, our Treat of the Month for May, and get to know her better in this month's special feature. - 1 point

2 - This Way Or That? Use an arrow (or 20) on a layout.- 1 point

3 - That's so Pun-y! Use a pun in the title of your layout.

4 - "Smile" - Scrap it in honor of May being National Smile Month!

5 - The first Friday in May is No Pants Day - if you're brave enough, drop your drawers and scrap about how the world would be a better place without pants!

6 - Use the incredibly sweet inspiration at Love Is Comix to scrap a layout!

7 - In honor of SugarBabe Sue's 50th Birthday, scrap 50 things you love about __________!

8 - National Scrapbook Day is Saturday, May 1st. Scrap a layout about how scrapbooking has impacted your life! - 1 point

9 - Scrap a layout featuring lyrics from a number one song in the year you were born! - 1 point

Song Lyrics from I wanna dance with somebody by Whitney Houston (Number 1 single in New Zealand on July 10th 1987 - my birthday http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...New_Zealand%29)

10 - The Kid Dictionary - create a layout the defines a word you or your children use that have their own special meaning.

11 - May looks like... Take a photo looking out your front door or a window, standing on your driveway or front porch or even what your kids are wearing to school and scrap it! You'll see this challenge again and again throughout 2010, so choose a spot or subject which will illustrate the passage of time or seasons changing in an easy to capture photo.

12 - The First Postage Stamp was introduced in May 1840. Use stamp elements on a layout to show your love for snail mail.

13 - May 1st is Mother Goose Day! Create a layout using a classic Mother Goose Nursery Rhyme as inspiration.

14 - Out of the Box! Create a layout with NO squares or rectangles. (A Square background is ok) - 1 point

15 - Check out the gooey adorableness at CuteOverload.com and then scrap your favorite furry friend in honor of National Pet Week!-1 point

16 - 5 of everything! In honor of May being the 5th month of the year, create a layout with EXACTLY 5 of everything on the page. 5 papers, 5 photos, 5 words, 5 ribbons, etc.

17 - Use the snazzy site design*sponge as inspiration for the composition of your next page.

18 - White on White - create a monochromatic layout using ONLY white! Exceptions: Your photo may be color and your text may be black or grey. Think of white as alabaster, cream, ivory, pearl, eggshell, snow!

19 - Cheerios made its debut on May 1, 1941. Create a layout paying tribute to your favorite breakfast cereal!

20 - Typographic Alignment - the way your type is aligned can make a dramatic difference on a page. Create a layout where the alignment of your text plays an important design role whether it be centered under a title or aligned to the edge of a photo.

Two Point Tasks - 20 Primary Points Possible

21 - Use the thought provoking inspiration at Baby Love Letters to choose a topic and create a layout which includes a letter to your child, a loved one or even yourself. (let us know which love letter prompt you were inspired by in your portfolio point tracker post too)

22 - Penny Candy Playdate - Scrap along with one of our Penny Candy Playdates from the blog this month!

23 - Be Inspired - "Love is the only flower that grows and blossoms without the aid of the seasons." - Kahlil Gibran

24 - Use one of these 12 Inspiring Ideas to take a unique photo and scrap it!

25 - Scrap a sentimental layout about Motherhood which features significant and meaningful journaling.

26 - They say you can learn something every day. What have you learned today?

27 - Make the ordinary extraordinary! Use the incredibly cool inspiration and mission at CardonCopy to add something special to your next layout!

28 - Teacher Appreciation Week is May 3-7. Scrap a layout about your child's favorite teacher or a teacher who impacted your life in some way. Teachers plant seeds of knowledge that grow forever! - 2 points

29 - Keep a notebook & pen handy for one week and write down the little things in your life you often forget (cute kid convos, projects you want to do, important thoughts, etc.). Create a layout based on what you record.

30 - Digiscrap Rewind: Recreate a layout you've done in the past to make it bigger and better than ever. Add that journaling you skimped on before, update the style and design vibe or share what you were REALLY thinking at the time to make it more personal, sentimental and significant to those who will reflect back on the memory in the future. (share the original layout and the updated version in your portfolio point tracker post to earn both points) - 2 points

Original

Revised

Five Point Tasks - 10 Primary Points Possible

31 - Second Chances - go back and scrap layouts for 3 challenges you didn't complete in our previous monthly portfolios to earn 5 points. Please note the original month and challenge number in this month's portfolio to earn full points for this challenge. - 6 points (including New Release point for February 31b)

February #31b - Use the Vancouver 2010 website to create a page using their amazing color scheme. (New Release Bonus point - More Than Stars by Lauren Grier (N/R - 5/29))

March #8 - Use the adorable site Kate & Birdie as inspiration to create a clean and graphic layout based on their web design.

March #14 - Edge-y - Pick ONE edge of the page and scrap along it and ONLY it.

32 - Book of Me 2010 - this year SSD is encouraging you to create a Book of Me Album! So often we focus on scrapping everyone else in our lives, but we're challenging you to record more of who YOU are on a regular basis throughout the year too. Pick 3 of the 5 topics below and scrap 3 layouts to earn 5 points:

32a - One thing I want to accomplish before my next birthday is...
32b - If money was no object, I would...
32c - I get stressed out when...
32d - My Name: love it, hate it, a little bit about it...
32e - At night, I dream about...

Ten Point Task - 10 Primary Points Possible

33 - April Showers bring May FLOWERS! There are so many amazing ways to make hybrid flowers, and this month we're challenging you to make your own flowers using printed papers to create a gift that's perfect for Mother's Day or a dimensional hybrid layout that you'll treasure. Don't skip this challenge because you're afraid of hybrid - you can do it! Here's some amazing inspiration...

Spring Paper Flower Topiary by Julia Sandvoss
Layout With Paper Roses by Studio Calico
Scallop Paper Flowers by Suzanne Sergi
Flower Pot by Jen Tapler

*You must create a hybrid layout or project featuring several handmade flowers created from Sweet Shoppe Products.*

NSD Extra Challenges

NSD Spin-a-lift - 1 point

SmallMoments Book of Me: What I do https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...27&ppuser=7007

My spin a lift - 2010

NSD Bonus Cookie Challenge - 1 point

NSD Paper2Digi Challenge - 1 point

scraplift of http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/gall...hy-so-serious/

NSD Neopolitan Challenge - 1 point

Nath - Paper Layering
Michelle - Scalloped Edge & Stamped Alpha
Kara - Photo Cluster

TOTAL: 20 Points

Scrappy Instagram

Creative Team Member for The Lilypad & Studio Liv

Last edited by littlekiwi; 06-01-2010 at 07:43 PM.