View Single Post
Old 09-27-2015, 04:03 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I used to feel horribly dorky journaling on my los. But once I printed some and realized there were no stories, I try to do it on almost all - but not all.

I take a lot of photos. And when the twins were born, everything was a fog, and I couldn't remember who was fed when unless I wrote it down. I started writing everything down! I still even now have little bits of paper, even receipts with little stories written on them and dated. This way I can scrap that when I get to that particular story, or a photo from around that date. But even so, there are lots of ways to add journaling.

Since I take so many photos that I love, if I scrap an event or day, and I don't use all the photos, I can still scrap a single photo I love and I don't have to add anything to it - the story has already been scrapped.

Sometimes I just scrap a story without a photo. I like to have the random stories down even if there isn't a pic.

Sometimes I scrap the exact story, quotes and all, repeating a conversation I loved.

Also, what I've found that helps me add journaling, is that one day these scrapbooks are going to be theirs. I like that they're going to be basically big books of letters from me to them. I scrap all kinds of different things, but I almost always journal as if I'm talking to them, writing them a letter.

Some different ways you can add text, tell what was happening that day, tell what you were feeling that day, tell something about that phase in their life around when the photo was taken as opposed to exactly what was happening that day. Sometimes I just pick a photo to scrap and journal about how much I love them