Thread: The C word . .
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2015, 12:40 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenM View Post
I had a talk with my boys this weekend and told them I needed them to sit down and make a list for me so that I can start shopping. I have already gotten stuff for my niece and nephew and I bought some new organizational containers to put stuff away this year because after moving it all this summer I decided that I need to go through and if I don't use it anymore I need to get rid of it.

Talking with my oldest son this weekend (he's 13), I flat out asked him what he thought of Santa and what the kids in school were saying about Santa. He said that some people think their parents are Santa. I asked him what he thought and he said that there was no way that I could be Santa because I would never buy him some of the things Santa brings him. I guess I've done too good with the whole lie thing and I'm going to have a kid in college who is still believing in Santa but at the same time I don't know how to tell him the truth. Any advice?
I asked my almost 12 year old this summer... something like, "what are you thoughts on Santa?" I was pretty sure that he knew, and he verified that he did. I was also pretty certain that he wouldn't get into a debate about it at school, but I felt like it was time for him to know. Take a look around on pinterest - I've seen some letters from parents explaining it in a way that I liked.