View Single Post
Old 03-05-2012, 01:22 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default We survived our trip to Disney!

6 parks in 5 days and it was warmer than normal for this time of year, temps where between 87-90 on the days we were at the theme parks.

I was happy just having my rebel, I shot on auto all week in jpeg, which was totally weird, but I didn't want to have to think. LOL!

A couple highlights & perks of being on a Make a Wish trip.
1. No lines or waiting really. At Disney we either went to the fast pass entrance or they took us to the exit of the rides and put us on. Never waited more than 5 minutes for a ride.

2. Characters, we had an even shorter wait for Characters if you can believe that, Rapunzel, we waited maybe 10 minutes because they were finishing up with a group, but they put us on a bench in the shade off to the side of where Rapunzel was meeting. In total Keira met 41 Characters, if I counted right! Cooper did loved the characters that he wanted to meet, if he didn't want to meet them, he wasn't going to. And just down right refused, he'd sit down and not walk any further! LOL!

3. Couple special things that happened to Keira, -1 thing we signed her up for the Jedi Training Camp @ Hollywood Studios, she said she wanted to do it. For anyone that hasn't seen it, the kids all do a little battle with Darth Vader & he tries to convince them to come to the dark side, well after Keira did that, the storm troopers rushed her, and the Jedi Master showed her how to use the "force" and the storm troopers flew through the air. And the man that signed we talked to when we signed her up had us wait after the show. We went back stage and the kids met Darth Vader & the 2 storm troopers, that was pretty awesome, they don't do meet & greets, just for wish kids I guess. And he doesn't do autographs, but he brought both kids light sabers w/ his signature on them, of course they were red.
-At the kids Pirate Make-Overs, Keira's pirate make-over girl gave her a stuffed puppy w/ the keys in its mouth and make it look like a pirate. That was super sweet!
-And at Islands of Adventure, we went to Ollivander's Wand Shop, of course they took us right in, and Keira was chosen to be the person that was taken to the counter to select her wand. That was pretty awesome! She thought it was so coo! LOL! You'll have to watch one of the videos of how it works on You Tube. I wish I'd taken our video camera for this.

I'll come back and post some pics after I download them.

Here is the link to the photo pass photos if you guys want to look. HERE FYI there are a ton from the Jedi Training Academy, of all the kids that participated. Keira has on pink sunglasses & a tie-die t-shirt if you're having trouble finding her.

Last edited by nesser1981; 03-05-2012 at 07:13 PM.