View Single Post
Old 06-19-2017, 06:07 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweeet View Post
I am gonna vent about my mom...we keep telling her she needs to wear moochies (aka: house slippers) to avoid stepping on a scorpion (ugh, yes another vent). Unfortunately, we live practically in a sand dune/mountainy area and HELLO these critters somehow find a way to get in and just in the past 24 hours I found 3 (2 dead and hubby stepped on 1 that WAS alive HAH). Needless to say, we are constantly telling her she needs to have these on because she is 75 and there's no telling if she is allergic and we'd hate to find out. Sooooooo I went to buy her some and when I got home, she starts putting groceries away WITHOUT THE SLIPPERS on and then says "I'm gonna sit down and put my moochies on!" I literally said "WTH!?!? are you bassackawards today or what?!" ROFL..I know, bad....but COME ON! ETA: Terminx will be here for our f/u treatment on Friday, YAY but UGH at the same time. I'm grateful my cat kills them, but STILL...blech blech blech!
We get scorpions here too -- we see maybe one or two a month. I got stung on the toe once -- while in BED! It hurt like crazy. I understand that, unfortunately, pest control only has limited effectiveness against them. You can kill the food sources (other bugs) but it doesn't really kill them unless you happen to spray them directly. At least that's what I've been told.