View Single Post
Old 01-15-2018, 09:52 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Some inspiration or direction, please

I have a page that I really want to scrap. Actually, I have several, but I feel as though I need to start at the beginning and scrap the story before scrapping any of the rest of it.

Long story short - we found out last summer that my husband has a daughter we never knew about. I may have mentioned it here. Anyway, we got the paternity results in June, she delivered a baby girl (our first grandchild) in July, and we met her and the baby in August. We've seen her at least once a month since then and have started to develop a relationship. I have a bunch of pictures from our visits that I am dying to scrap, but I really feel called to 'introduce' her on a page before scrapping the rest. I don't know why, but I do.

I don't know how to start this page. How do you scrap about the curveballs life throws at you? Is there a kit that comes to mind?

In poking around in the store, I found this kit that is speaking to me. I like the 'let life surprise you' and 'embrace the journey'. Those phrases fit because while it was a real curveball for us, we did embrace her (and her entire family to be honest, we hosted Thanksgiving for her mom, stepdad and younger brothers) because ultimately why would we not? We have a lot of love to give! Anyway, here's the kit...

Along those lines, are there any other kits that stand out?

What about kits for grandparents? All I see is Life is Grand (and I love it) but it doesn't really apply here.