View Single Post
Old 10-26-2018, 03:51 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Default Don't tell my husband!

I bet you thought this was going to be a "I spent too much money on my digi-stash" Nope, it's better!!

My husband is gone. He won't be home until the middle of November. My parents had decided they were going to visit us and spend time with us. What turned out to be a "playing tourists" trip, turned out to be a "hey, let's put flooring down on your entire first floor" trip!! I'm not kidding!

My parents came in late Saturday evening and by Sunday afternoon, my dad had ripped out the entire front room!!! We tore out all the flooring (minus the laundry, main bathroom and my husband's office). We have laid wonder board in 3/4 of the first floor, minus my husband's office. We are saving my husband's office for last as it's housing the entire first floor of goods.

Today is piecing the last of the wonder board and pulling up the linoleum in the laundry and main bathroom. Tomorrow is applying the wonder board and starting to paint the kitchen, dining and living room. Next week, will be adding tile to the entire first floor (minus my husband's office).

I have just a little bit more time before he gets home and gets to see the transformation done to the house. Fingers crossed he isn't mad that we ripped up our nasty carpet and linoleum to replace with a look-alike wood tile and painted the ugly fecal matter brown walls to a light gray.

Here's a few photos to share all the work that we've done since Sunday afternoon---it's not even half of what I took!! The youngest loves picking up all the nails. The middle has been helping me screwing in the screws on the wonder board and the oldest has been babysitting the youngest for me!

My trash people must have hated me. I can't put anything on the side of my trashcan. The rule is, if it's IN the trash can, they will take it. So I piled it 10 feet, plus high. I currently only have 8 more rolls of carpet to get out next week! Not bad! All those military moves taught me how to compact and pile!

So if you don't hear from me in a couple of weeks, it's because we are transforming our 1500 sq foot first floor! I'm exhausted. I can't wait until this "work" portion of my parent's trip is over so we can play "tourists" again!

Last edited by Neverland Scraps; 10-26-2018 at 04:50 PM.